Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike View Post

Spoiler: SPOILAGE 
    Like when Harry and Hermione are done dancing Harry gives her a look like "You know, we could shag right here and no one would know", and the look she shoots back is like "I appreciate that you're still around but I am in love with Ron despite hating his guts at the moment so no way." All in 8 seconds of film. I also sometimes loved/sometimes hated how they took information from the book and reconfigured it. For example, Hermione and her parents. It was a super clever way to get across that she was modifying their memories, but at the same time, it meant that the writer removed the scene from the book where Hermione breaks down in front of Harry about having to do this. I also didn't like that they got rid of Dudley's goodbye at the beginning.

My film rankings:

1. Prisoner of Azkaban
    2. Deathly Hallows Pt. 1
    3. Order of the Phoenix
    4. Half-Blood Prince
    5. Chamber of Secrets
    6. Philosopher's Stone
    7. Goblet of Fire <-- I hated so much about this film. SO ANGRY!!

I am excited that Cuaron is going to be doing the last part, but I think having the same director for both would have been better, and Yates is really great with these films IMHO.
    The last line of your spoiler? Kinda irked me, too. I was waiting for it, but when it didn't come, I was a bit disappointed.

For me, Cuaron can suck a giant horse cock, so my rankings stand thus:

1. Deathly Hallows
    2. Sorcerer's Stone
    3. Half-Blood
    4. Chamber
    5. Order
    6. Goblet
    7. Prisoner

I didn't know Cuaron had taken over for the second part and this really pisses me off. #3 was a giant fucking mess. It made no sense. I shudder to think what he's going to do to the last part.
    Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

Harry Potter: Serious Business.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Originally posted by Ovaltine Jenkins View Post
        Harry Potter: Serious Business.
        Damn straight.
        Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

Originally posted by ingrid View Post
          I didn't know Cuaron had taken over for the second part and this really pisses me off. #3 was a giant fucking mess. It made no sense. I shudder to think what he's going to do to the last part.

I would be very interested in hearing your opinions on the third film.
          <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

Cuaron isn't doing Deathly Hallows 2. Is he?
            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
              This alone should earn you rep from everyone for the next year!

I want a "My Dinner With Andre" video game NAO!

Comment

Here's a link for you Potter fans...

Caution... here be spoilers!

Comment

Originally posted by V View Post
                  Here's a link for you Potter fans...

Caution... here be spoilers!
                  hahahaha, that link is hilarious! You could replace "Harry" with "Edward" and "Voldemort" with "Ennui", and it would be a decent summary for Twilight :P

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                    Cuaron isn't doing Deathly Hallows 2. Is he?
                    Last I heard he was, but I am not sure now. Researching...

Comment

• Yates is still listed as director on IMDb. Not sure where you got Cuaron from.
                      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                        Yates is still listed as director on IMDb. Not sure where you got Cuaron from.
                        He had wanted to be the director, but apparently that never came to pass:

Originally posted by Wikipedia
                        Before David Yates was officially chosen to direct the film, others had expressed an interest in the job. Alfonso CuarĂ³n, director of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, had said that he would be tempted to return to direct.<sup id="cite_ref-17" class="reference">[18]</sup> Guillermo del Toro, who passed on Prisoner of Azkaban, had expressed interest in directing Deathly Hallows,<sup id="cite_ref-18" class="reference">[19]</sup> but an increased workload over the production of The Hobbit ruled him out of the project.<sup id="cite_ref-19" class="reference">[20]</sup>
                        Ingrid can be happy once again!

Comment

• The film wrapped some time ago. It was split into two parts to maximize profits.

Comment

• Yates shot all of Deathly Hallows. Rowling got input on creative choice, while Yates consulted Cuaron on the look of the Marauders reunion scene in 2.
                            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
                              The film wrapped some time ago. It was split into two parts to maximize profits.

They were reshooting as recently as the first week of October.
                              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
                                They were reshooting as recently as the first week of October.
                                No shit?

My source has failed me

Remind me to have him put to the sword.

Comment

Working...
                                X