• Show
Clear All

Ari. Ari Potter.

'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      Originally posted by Martin
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Just got back not too long ago from seeing it with one of my kids. It was very good- it did not disappoint. Its 2 1/2 hours but I was surprised when it ended. You have to know going in its not a movie that can stand alone and it just sort of ends.

Comment

Any flashbacks or ghostly appearances by my imaginary husband, Gary Oldman? (*Please please please please?*)

Last edited by Lisa; 11-20-2010, 09:35 AM.
          2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

Originally posted by ingrid View Post
            Oh and semi-spoiler, I guess...

Spoiler: Naughty 
            You almost see Hermione boobage.
            Is this from a scene added for the movie version? I don't remember anything from the book getting close to that.

Comment

Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
              Is this from a scene added for the movie version? I don't remember anything from the book getting close to that.
                Spoiler: I think... 
              ...it's supposed to be a more "fleshed out" (pun intended) version of the moment in the book when Voldemort or the Horcrux controlled Ron's mind and he thought Hermoine was in love with Harry instead of him. From what I heard when I read about that scene, we're seeing what Ron's thinking.
              2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa View Post
                Any flashbacks or ghostly appearances by my imaginary husband, Gary Oldman? (*Please please please please?*)

Unfortunately, no. But there's still hope for part two...
                Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

And what Lisa said above is correct.
                  Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

Originally posted by ingrid View Post
                    Unfortunately, no. But there's still hope for part two...
                    (*Meeeep...*) Thanks anyway, Ingrid!

Comment

SPOILERS AHEAD!

OK, so I was dying of exhaustion at the midnight showing and was very 'bleh' about the whole movie, so we went again on Sunday to see it and I do believe it works very well. Some of the smaller moments are just fantastic (the dance, the CG story, Hermione & Harry leaving their homes for the final time). I also love how dark this series has gotten. I think the threat feels much more legit when they have one of the villains carves a word into another character's arm just to torture her.

I still feel that this movie desperately needs part two before it can be properly reviewed, but overall I really did like it.
                      Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                      John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Originally posted by Ari View Post
                        Some of the smaller moments are just fantastic (the dance, the CG story, Hermione & Harry leaving their homes for the final time). I also love how dark this series has gotten. I think the threat feels much more legit when they have one of the villains carves a word into another character's arm just to torture her.
                        Definitely the first part. I wasn't expecting the CG, but it was very well done, especially with Watson reading it. I don't think I really liked the last bit at Shell Cottage. Not because it was a cliffhanger, but more because Harry seemed a bit wooden sitting there on the dunes.
                        The ministry part was pretty sweet and spot on. I'm gonna have to go see it again next week after family time is over(Thanksgiving).

Comment

Best Potter yet, in my opinion. Its achievements can be easily measured by two incredible factors: Emma Watson was not only not excruciating, but really rather good; and they managed to make me like and care about Dobby.

When the series is done - and Part Two can't get here soon enough now - it will be easily divisible by two. Pre-Yates and post-Yates. I understand all the love for Cuaron's chapter, but Yates has given the series heart and subtext and actually made the films feel truly magical. And man, someone needs to give him a horror film to do when he's done with these, cos he can orchestrate the willies like nobody's business.
                          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

I am not sure what to think about this movie, as it wasn't really a movie in the traditional sense, was it? It felt like a giant Act 1 with a bit of an Act 2 then it ended. But I loved it. The subtle shit the director added to this was amazing.

Spoiler: SPOILAGE 
                            Like when Harry and Hermione are done dancing Harry gives her a look like "You know, we could shag right here and no one would know", and the look she shoots back is like "I appreciate that you're still around but I am in love with Ron despite hating his guts at the moment so no way." All in 8 seconds of film. I also sometimes loved/sometimes hated how they took information from the book and reconfigured it. For example, Hermione and her parents. It was a super clever way to get across that she was modifying their memories, but at the same time, it meant that the writer removed the scene from the book where Hermione breaks down in front of Harry about having to do this. I also didn't like that they got rid of Dudley's goodbye at the beginning.

As a stand-alone movie, this film was always going to have issues. I would poor-pity someone coming into this film with no prior knowledge they would be completely lost. But I also think this is how it should be. This is not so much a movie as a final romp around in Rowling's world and I am ok with this.

My film rankings:

1. Prisoner of Azkaban
                            2. Deathly Hallows Pt. 1
                            3. Order of the Phoenix
                            4. Half-Blood Prince
                            5. Chamber of Secrets
                            6. Philosopher's Stone
                            7. Goblet of Fire <-- I hated so much about this film. SO ANGRY!!

I am excited that Cuaron is going to be doing the last part, but I think having the same director for both would have been better, and Yates is really great with these films IMHO.
                            <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa View Post
                              (*Meeeep...*) Thanks anyway, Ingrid!
                              Yeah there is no way he doesn't show up for part two, there is a rather lengthy scene from the book where

Spoiler: Spoilers 
                              Harry gets the Deathly Hallow which lets you speak with the dead and uses it to speak with his parents, Sirius, Lupin, etc. So Gary Oldman will be an apparition, but a damned fine-looking one.
                              <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                Yeah there is no way he doesn't show up for part two, there is a rather lengthy scene from the book where

Spoiler: Spoilers 
                                Harry gets the Deathly Hallow which lets you speak with the dead and uses it to speak with his parents, Sirius, Lupin, etc. So Gary Oldman will be an apparition, but a damned fine-looking one.
                                But of course he is! Yeah, I figured that, but I guess I'll take what I can get!

Comment

Working...
                                X