Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
    Saw it.

Better than 2, but still a giant pile of garbage. Frances McDormand should be ashamed. Malkovich should be ashamed. Turturro? Well, he should just soak it up.
    Can you comment on the 3D?
    Does shit blow up really good?
    Is the human condition explored?
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Is Shia Lebouf still (sigh) dreamy?

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
        In my mind, he'll always be a part of Captain Geech and the Shrimp Shack Shooters.
        Onederful!

Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
        So basically the praise for Transformers 3 is "It looks purdy!" or as I also call it the Avatar defense. I'll pass.
        Putting Avatar in the same bracket as Bay's movies is beyond a tad unfair. It may not be the most sophisticated story, but it's still got a soul well beyond Bay's work. I get that James Cameron's an easy target for people because he has mainstream sensibilities and he knows how to deliver spectacle that works as more than just an empty diversion, but lumping both of them in the same category just doesn't ring true.
        "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Avatar has a soul? Bobby, come on. Bobby. Bobby.

Comment

• It was in the tree.

Did you even see the film, Billy?
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I thought his haircock was in the tree.

Comment

• To be fair, Avatar had its moments, and I got where Cameron was coming from with the flick. Though heavy-handed, it did make a statement.

The Transformers flicks are what Rob said - big, dumb, goofy fun. If you're looking for a message beyond ROBOTS FIGHT, SHIT BLOWS UP, EXPLOSIONS ARE PRETTY, 'MERICA - FUCK YEAH, you'll be disappointed.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                  Avatar has a soul? Bobby, come on. Bobby. Bobby.

Yeah, I love me some Avatar but even I know that it's on par with Bay, easily. Cameron is about spectacle just as much as Bay is, just so happens that every once in awhile he's able to have characters that aren't caricatures.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I just read Harry's review. It sounds like a complete shit-show, and Harry's review is positive.

Really, it's not impossible for Bay to direct a good script, is it? I'm not one that hates Bay's visual sensibilities (I actually thought a Bay directed Superman would be cool and right in his wheelhouse), but why can't this guy hire better screenwriters? Why are his movies so routinely awful when it comes to dialog, characters, story, etc.

Harry actually gave me a clue with his review: I think Bay hates actors. Good scripts make actors look better and that could detract from Bay's visual direction. If he is as egomaniacal and narcissistic as they say, then that explanation makes sense.

Or that man just has really bad fucking taste and he thinks the piece of shit scripts he uses are actually good.
                    Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• Cameron at least makes a point of trying to have the audience LIKE, RELATE TO, and CARE about the characters. Bay makes them all window dressing.
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

Harry Jr., everyone.
                        That would be the literal elephant in the room then? Harrharrharr!shoot me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
                          Yeah, I love me some Avatar but even I know that it's on par with Bay, easily. Cameron is about spectacle just as much as Bay is, just so happens that every once in awhile he's able to have characters that aren't caricatures.
                          Hamilton's Conner in T2 was the last time I can recall that being true.

(Okay, I lied. Gibbs was also an amazing performance.)
                          Last edited by Captain Russ; 06-28-2011, 09:39 AM.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

So you're saying that Sarah Connor was the last time he created a character that wasn't a caricature?
                            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Sigourney Weaver in 'Avatar'. Of all of the characters in that entire film, her's was the only one that felt REAL. I credit Sigourney for finding stuff that wasn't on the page more than Cameron's script, though.

Bay doesn't have anything on the level of 'The Abyss', though.

Comment

• Bay made Bad Boys 2 so he can make all the nonsense he wants, long as he leaves out Buckwheat The Robot.

Comment

Working...
                                X