Transformers 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rherb View Post
    The divide between SEX BAD/ VIOLENCE GOOD is fucking ridiculous.
    America, FUCK YEAH!

in truth, I couldn't agree more.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    Originally posted by Martin
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Also, blame Steven Spielberg. I'm assuming he had a bit of say in picking Bay....
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• All of which are American dreams,

All of which are American dreams,

All of which are American dreams.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• So did TF3 ruin summer? That's about the jist I'm getting lately.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• The summer will survive the tidal wave of derp that was the May-June release period.

We've got Potter, Cap, and rednecks getting probed in Dodge City to look forward to.

(As well as Tree of Life's wider release)
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Rherb View Post
              His opening bit annoyed me. The rest, while aptly put, still doesnt' take away from the fact that I honestly enjoyed the movie. But hey, I'm glad there's a flick out there that everyone can focus their hate on to....

Parents need to parent. That's why we have ridiculous ratings that will tell you if even one person smokes in a film. I just dont' get it.
              The film was rated 12 here (so I'm guessing PG over there?) but even so, I think he raises a brilliant point. That rating probably has very little bearing on whether some parents will actually take their kids or not. Quite a few presumably just think "it's the robot movie, how unsuitable could it be?" and jump right in.

Posting stuff like that video and railing on it like I have isn't to get everyone singing to the same tune; it's just opening up the discussion beyond how "illogical" certain aspects may or may not have been. That kind of thing, while fun, is just the tip.

Whenever you say the opening bit, do you mean the 3D point, Rob, or the bits about critical backlash?
              "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• PG13 here. Like all of them.

Both his demeanor and "NEENER NEENER I SAID IT FIRST" and yeah 3d sucks WHEN NOT USED PROPERLY. But Avatar/Jackass 3d/TF3 all used it awesomely and no matter what anyone says it can most certainly be used properly as well as incorrectly.

I have absolutley no problem throwing down a few extra bucks to see 3d if the film was actually shot in 3d and not some halfassed post conversion. Shit, I'm pumped to see both Titanic and Star Wars in 3d. Why? Because I still cannot do that at home on my budget. And that's what theaters should be. Larger than life experiences.

Comment

• Do all films need 3d? Nope. But goddamn if it's not awesome when the tech works.

Comment

• I don't agree at all with his views on 3D; I just wanted to be sure which bits you meant (and I didn't love his mock-schoolyard tone much either.)
                    "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Yeah, that automatically turned me off.

Comment

• "I WAS RIGHT ABOUT A SHITTY MOVIE!!!"

So what? No one gives a fuck.

Comment

• In some ways, this video actually misrepresents him as a glowering killjoy. He's normally not quite so harsh (and breathless) during his rantings. More often than not, he's the loquacious, impassioned film buff rather than a despotic critic run amok. Pretty charming when he wants to be as well.

Something of a horror enthusiast, too. I remember when the bans were being lifted on a lotta flicks here around the late 90's/early 00's (A Clockwork Orange, Texas Chainsaw) and he wrote and presented a great documentary about the history of horror flicks, what their influences were, their legacy and so on. Brilliant stuff. I'd love to find I still have that on a tape somewhere.
                          Last edited by Bobby Bear; 07-06-2011, 03:53 PM.

Comment

• Anytime someone demands a written anything I want to kick them right square in the dick. WRITE THAT MOTHERFUCKER!!
                            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                              Anytime someone demands a written anything I want to kick them right square in the dick. WRITE THAT MOTHERFUCKER!!
                              I demand a written description of your wife's boobies.

Then you can spice it up with photos.
                              Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                              John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• My wife's boobs - they are boobs, big and nice. The End.

OK Ari, I demand that favor returned. And yes I was wearing a WWE belt in that pic, it was signed by Edge and Christian and I sold it. Sue me. I was also rocking the cop stache because I was in the Police Academy at that point and it's all they'd allow.
                                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Working...
                                X