Transformers 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
    So you're saying that Sarah Connor was the last time he created a character that wasn't a caricature?
    It must be the Avatar fallout, but his last several outings have been almost exclusively populated by one-dimensional characters.

Conner's evolution was more Hamilton than Cameron though. Like Matt said with Sigs' work in the Eiffel 65 movie, sometimes they come through.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
      It must be the Avatar fallout, but his last several outings have been almost exclusively populated by one-dimensional characters..

I just wanted to make sure that I can agree with you. People give Cameron a pass but shit on Bay. Baffles the mind sometimes.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Cameron can also deliver well-choreographed action that you can understand and follow. Bay? As someone else has described, it's like he throws a bunch of cameras up in the air and lets them capture what they capture and edits the footage together in the best way that he can.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• But when Bay's action is well done it blows everyone else out of the water. He gets overzealous, but with an editor or maybe AD next to him (sorry, not going to take the time to check all the credits to see if Bay works with an exclusive editor/ad haha) he's a beautiful thing. I still think the Bad Boys 2 car chase is the most exhilarating thing on film.

Comment

• The only flick that I found confusing to watch during action scenes was TF2. I knew what was going on in TF1, Bad Boys 1/2, Armageddon, The Rock, etc. The TF movies suffer from the problem of the main designs trying too hard to look like every piece is a functioning piece of equipment, which in turn makes the designs extremely busy. Shit got over the top in TF2.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• The weird thing is that Bay is absolutely capable of choreograph coherent and awesome action sequences that don´t threaten epileptic people with sensory overload. Most of the Rock, some of BB1+2, Armageddon and the Island flick are awesome in terms of action choreography. I can´t pinpoint the concrete moment where he decided to break world records in seizure inducing editing, but maybe that what I find most frustrating about this guy - apart from his unwillingness to actually work with a script instead of, i presume his guts and dick.

Comment

• God I love The Island even though it is totally derivative and stupid as shit. Here's a place underground filled with replacements parts that will never see the outside world but here's a MASSIVE Xbox ad!

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                  I still think the Bad Boys 2 car chase is the most exhilarating thing on film.
                  Love that flick sooooo much.

Comment

• Best thing about the Island is the fact that the trailer utterly spoils the complete movie like I have never seen before.

And Johannson! But when isn´t she?

Comment

• Totally agreed on those fucking designs. I mean I get realism but FFS all those small parts would break easily. Lulz.
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I still say that 'The Rock' is Bay's only genuinely GOOD film.
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Who is worse? Bay or Emmerich?

Comment

• Emmerich has zero redeeming qualities.

Comment

• ID4 begs to differ. PULLMAN SPEECH. But yeah, it was mostly a set up question haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                                Can you comment on the 3D?
                                Does shit blow up really good?
                                Is the human condition explored?

The 3-D is strong, the FX work. But, the story is so bad. The acting is so bad. How they get rid of Megan Fox is so bad. Shia is so bad.

But, Peter Cullen still gets to cash a check.
                                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Working...
                                X