No announcement yet.

Super 8 (SPOILERZZ)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't remember any homo factor in the book.

Seriously, it's a GREAT book and well worth the time.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Polynikes demanded to know which it was. Because if Ariston was afraid of him, then he was a coward. And if he wasn't, he was reckless and ignorant which was even worse. "Which is it, you miserable mound of shit? Cause you'd better fucking well be afraid of me, I'll put my dick in your right ear, pull it out your left, and fill that chamberpot myself."
      fap fap fap
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• that's not gay, that's BAD ASS.
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• It also made me laugh. I don't think I could take that shit seriously.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
            Tree of Life - 4 stars (got sent a fancy screener because I bitched)
            So not pretentious crap?

Comment

• Originally posted by PHEDG View Post
              So not pretentious crap?

The pretension argument is there. But, the film is on par with Days of Heaven and Badlands.

Brad Pitt is so understated in this, that I'm afraid he won't get a nom out of it.

It's just insane how well shot this movie is and how it didn't get scissored into nothing.
              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
                So...still have that screener?

E-screener. So, nope. Think DIVX, but with your IP and activity monitored every second of the viewing.
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• That's a shame. It looks amazing.

On the level of Days and Badlands? Wow.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Gates of Fire is pure EPICNESS.

It's one of my favorite book ever.
                    Last edited by Martin; 06-03-2011, 06:11 PM.
                    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• We're doing another screening tomorrow night through Gofobo and Owens. Test to see how the pending Owens situation works out.

I want to see if my opinion changes upon second viewing. I'll hold off on spoilers until the weekend if needed.

Comment

• How have audience reactions been?
                        Originally posted by Ari
                        The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                          How have audience reactions been?

Tonight, we got an IMAX print. That was really fucking unexpected. I figured it out when we got there and they changed which auditorium we got to used.

But, tonight's crowd ate it up. Not so much younger kids, but older people. I saw maybe 6 faces under 15 in the audience. What really killed was the bonus film during the credits.

Comment

• Bonus film?! Do tell.

Comment

• Originally posted by PHEDG View Post
                              Bonus film?! Do tell.
                              It'll make more sense once you've seen the film.

My main gripe still remains: If they could've dropped the cutesy period markers earlier on...it would be a four star movie.

There's just too many moments where they stop to call attention to shit like Soviets and Walkmen.

Comment

• 82% fresh

Seeing this tomorrow.

They're already showing new shit in commercials. Must. Not. Be spoiled.

Comment

Working...
                                X