Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fej View Post
    This.

My only gripe about Avatar was that it was preachy and/or sappy. But all of Cameron's movies are.
    Yep.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I'll let you and Ed fight over him.

Seriously, though...is he gay? I don't care if he is, I'm just curious. Coming out as a gay man at this point in his career is a heck of a gutsy move.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Sweet. No contest. I get Renner.
        We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
        - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• I thought the emergence scene in War of the Worlds was fantastic. I was seriously scared throughout that whole sequence. It's rare that a movie will affect me to where my heart and breathing rate rises.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jobe View Post
            Did you also get mad that the spaceships in Star Wars made noise?
            Not as much as I did with midichlorians.
            The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• I liked "War of the Worlds" a lot, up until that dumb ending. Yup - the kid just happens to be safe and sound at his grandparents house. Oy.
              2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Although, the "time waves" in A Sound of Thunder was the worst thing I've ever seen.
                The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• Originally posted by LisaNY View Post
                  I liked "War of the Worlds" a lot, up until that dumb ending. Yup - the kid just happens to be safe and sound at his grandparents house. Oy.
                  Yeah, they should have stuck with their guns and killed the kid. Cruise saved one and lost one...and life goes on for humanity.
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                    Yeah, they should have stuck with their guns and killed the kid. Cruise saved one and lost one...and life goes on for humanity.
                    Yup. Hey, it's harsh, but he couldn't go after both kids. He had to make a choice. A headstrong teenage boy out in the middle of a full scale alien invasion where soldiers and far more capable adults are getting vaporized, and you mean to tell me that little asshole made it all the way from NJ to BOSTON alone? No, uh-uh. I know we're talking about a sci-fi movie here, but that kid should have realistically been reduced to martian dust.
                    2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• that didn't ruin the movie for me, though. It did lessen its stature by quite a bit, but it's still a solid film that AT LEAST kept the original ending (the bacteria) rather than go in another direction.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                        I'll let you and Ed fight over him.

Seriously, though...is he gay? I don't care if he is, I'm just curious. Coming out as a gay man at this point in his career is a heck of a gutsy move.
                        I don't know how "out" he is publicly, but privately he has been with one guy for a while now and I read that they apparently live together as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jobe View Post
                          War of the Worlds was great until the stupid ending IMO.
                          It doesn't make it atrociously bad. Weak ending, but masterful until Tim Robbins. Then it falls apart.
                          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• True. I do enjoy the movie, it's just that I enjoy the first 75% then it's all MEH.
                            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                              Speaking of Hawkeye, did you know Jeremy Renner is gay?
                              Never heard of this, but I don't follow that sort of thing.

And why would I fight Howard over him? I never thought of going after him in the first place.
                              "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Wait. Nerdious though the aliens chocked? After the ending's whole explanation about BACTERIAS?
                                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Working...
                                X