Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Total Recall 2012? Trailer rocked HARD. Definitely going to see this.

Comment

• Trailer was good but will wait for word of mouth.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I'll check it out if only to compare it to the Scwarzenegger version. Probably won't be no Quato, but fuck it.

Comment

• The director is my only bit of concern. And I do think that someone like Colin sells the "normal guy who automatically learns how to be a bad ass" more than Ahnold did.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I'll wait for word of mouth on it too, as I'm concerned about Len Wiseman. Still, even a hack can capture lightning ONCE in his career and turn out something good.
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Agreed with Rerb. Arnold played the same role he played in almost every movie prior to and including Total Recall (big, muscle-bound badass action hero). Colin has played tons of different roles, and has that average Everyman quality about him, so seeing him go from average schmuck to death machine in 0.2 seconds works on a much different level than Arnold.

Comment

• Loving the Total Recall trailer too. It's interesting that the things that are identical to the Arnie version are all in the trailer, while the things that are different are being kept back somewhat.

Could this bring us one step closer to seeing Shane Black's original Last Action Hero script being re-made sans Arnie (I've always held that there's a great film in there, severly fucked by Arnold, Austin O'Brien and a way off form McTiernan competing with intrusive star and producers)?
                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                  Loving the Total Recall trailer too. It's interesting that the things that are identical to the Arnie version are all in the trailer, while the things that are different are being kept back somewhat.

Could this bring us one step closer to seeing Shane Black's original Last Action Hero script being re-made sans Arnie (I've always held that there's a great film in there, severly fucked by Arnold, Austin O'Brien and a way off form McTiernan competing with intrusive star and producers)?

They're supposed to be sticking closer to the original Philip K. Dick story.
                  My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Not what I heard. They're delving more into the memory vs dreams aspect, but they've cut even more of Dick's story it seems.
                    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Also: Ted.

FUCK TO THE YES.

Comment

• Ted looks great as well.

"Like anal?"
                        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Also: Ted.

FUCK TO THE YES.

You get it. YESSSss.
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• The short story WE CAN REMEMBER IT FOR YOU WHOLESALE is great.
                            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                            Originally posted by gravedigger
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Not what I heard. They're delving more into the memory vs dreams aspect, but they've cut even more of Dick's story it seems.

Then, they've been fucking with it. SONY is trying to sell it as a closer take than the Arnold/Verhoeven three-tittied actionfest.
                              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• The three-tittied chick was the high point of the original. All these years later, its the first thing most people remember about Total Recall.
                                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Working...
                                X