This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
    Pirates 2 and 3 weren't trash. 4 was a missed opportunity in the least, a unnecessary expenditure at most.
    Siiiiiiiir, you have offended my honor! I challenge you to a duel! I found all the sequels unnecessary frankly. Sparrow was never a character I found had anything interesting left to say/do after the first one. I feel like Pirates 5 and 6 would give us his siblings (Remember those Russel Brand rumors?) and his mother (....any suggestions?)
    Originally posted by Ari
    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Pirates 2 and 3 were meh but man, the fx for Davey Jones alone justify their existence.

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
        And as much as it's cool to hear X-Men: First Class getting good remarks, I can't help but wonder how much of that is strictly "I GOT TO SEE IT EARLY AND IT'S AWESOMEZ!!!!!!!!" which we've seen plenty of times from these guys.

I don't have an embargo on it. But, I've got people leaning on me to keep my mouth shut.

Basically, Matthew Vaughn is great at concepts. Execution is still weak in the knees.

It's nice to see that someone understands how Banshee works.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Siiiiiiiir, you have offended my honor! I challenge you to a duel!

The problem lies in the scripts which needed to be intricate pieces of pulp. However, multiple rewrites flubbed it. Gore Verbinski is an amazing director who managed to keep it from turning into utter shit. Still, it was overly ambitious and lacked a proper edit (especially in the third film).
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Gore is a good director, I agree. In fact, I was all for him doing Superman back when he was up for it.
            Originally posted by Ari

Comment

And as much as it's cool to hear X-Men: First Class getting good remarks, I can't help but wonder how much of that is strictly "I GOT TO SEE IT EARLY AND IT'S AWESOMEZ!!!!!!!!" which we've seen plenty of times from these guys.
              Is it wrong that I wanted to hit Camtroll the entire time?
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Not at all.
                Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
                  Is it wrong that I wanted to hit Camtroll the entire time?

What's camtroll?

Comment

• The dude with the fake beard from the handheld roundtable review in the First Class thread.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Peter Sciretta, the guy who runs /film. That site is way too slick and studio-ass-kissy for my tastes.
                      Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                        Pirates 2 and 3 were meh but man, the fx for Davey Jones alone justify their existence.
                        this.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Peter Sciretta, the guy who runs /film. That site is way too slick and studio-ass-kissy for my tastes.

I barely associate with other sites, so I miss out on a lot of this.

Comment

• That's certainly not a bad thing.
                            Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• <iframe width="640" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jQ7SVMVrick?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• Troy: have you seen 'Kung Fu Panda 2' and 'The Hangover Part II'? Can you comment on their quality?

I'm seeing good reviews on KFP2 and really middling reviews for HII.
                                Originally posted by Martin
                                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                                Originally posted by gravedigger
                                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                                Originally posted by Martin
                                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                                X