Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We can agree to disagree about Hot Rod and Pineapple Express... however the fact of the matter is a movie called 'Funny People' isn't funny.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I don't trust people who think 'Pineapple Express' isn't funny....
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I loved 'Pineapple Express', but of all of the really recent comedies, 'Step Brothers' is the one to beat. Man did that one kill me.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I can get behind that. 'Step Brothers' is fucking amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
            TRUTH
            YES! Thaaank you!

Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
            but srs guise, funny people sucked.
            I never realize I might sound a bit aggro until it's too late so if that was the case, sincere apologies. I was honestly just enjoying the debate and not even slightly taking it seriously.

Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
            It'd be great if it were Neil and his dummy on-stage at some point....
            Genius!

Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
            We can agree to disagree about Hot Rod and Pineapple Express... however the fact of the matter is a movie called 'Funny People' isn't funny.
            Fair enough, man.

Did the fake movies not even do anything for you? Merman (with Elizabeth Banks!), My Best Friend is a Robot, and Astro-Not alone honestly made me laugh more than all of Hot Rod combined.
            "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Saul, Danny "I MADE FISH TACOS! THIS HOW YOU DO ME?" McBride, Craig Robinson, and Ed Begley Jr. are the best parts.

Just kidding. Bill Hader's test subject was the best.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
                I don't trust people who think 'Pineapple Express' isn't funny....
                Oh, it's funny. Just not as much as The Internet insists it is.
                "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
                  Oh, it's funny. Just not as much as The Internet insists it is.
                  Nothing revelatory, just better than the usual output.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
                    I don't trust people who think 'Pineapple Express' isn't funny....
                    Behold: Me.

Just ain't my type of humor.
                    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
                      Just kidding. Bill Hader's test subject was the best.
                      Maybe it's just because I'm not the weed humour guy (or weed guy full stop) but that bit left me so cold. I remember getting kind of a bad feeling about the movie right there at the outset because of that. I'd been looking forward to it so much and right at the start a scene with Bill Hader was really flat and lazy. It was clearly meant to be destroying the audience and it felt like anyone could have written it over lunch.

Robinson was a blast though. And just thinking about Franco's foot through the windshield gets a chuckle.

Comment

• So many great li'l moments in Pineapple Express, so li'l time.

"Whaaaat? Man...fuck Jeff Goldblum!"
                        Originally posted by Ari
                        The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
                          Nothing revelatory, just better than the usual output.
                          See, if that's what I'd heard going in, I wouldn't have felt so duped. The widespread "bring a first aid kit for your sides because, I tell ya, they're gonna split but good" that preceded it was less measured.

Comment

• Whenever the film starts, I've already gotten into the right frame of mind and it strikes me in the right way.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• It's easily one of my favorite movie-going experiences.
                              Originally posted by Ari
                              The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• PE was, at the very least, consistent. I don't remember there being any real lag in the humor. Sure, some parts were better than others (Hader's scene at the beginning, Franco with his foot in the windshield, etc...) but nothing really fell flat. I'm tired of seeing 'comedies' that are, essentially, 4-5 really funny scenes interspersed with a lot of dead air...'Hangover', I'm looking at you.

'Step Brothers', though...fuck did that one kill me from start to finish.
                                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                                Originally posted by gravedigger
                                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                                X