Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The three character trailers were pretty neat, but I've been burned before the last two times I hit the X-Well. Unless word-of-mouth is phenomenal, this is a wait for the DVD flick for me. Rather throw the money towards Captain America myself.

Comment

• Yeah, Thor and Cap are must see for me at this point with Green Lantern close to that group.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• All three of 'em are a lock for me as well. I'm happy to hear Thor is tracking very well, and the positive word-of-mouth about Cap has me confident that flick will be the winner of the superhero genre this year. Green Lantern has a hell of a lot of potential, and I really want WB to deliver the goods (can't all be about Batman, folks! It's been over 20 years since Tim Burton's flick got the Bat-love started; time for something fresh).

Comment

• I just wish someone would unfuck the Superman Cinema experience. I mean FFS he's SUPERMAN?!?!
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• For Superman, you have to go BIG. He's got bad guys like Brainiac, Mongul, Darkseid, etc., so why the writers keep going back to Luthor is beyond me. Shit, if they HAVE to do Luthor again, have him be this untouchable guy like he is in the comics who finances guys like the Parasite, a guy who can swipe Superman's powers, and make Supes work to get them back again.

Brainiac should be this alien cyborg bad-ass like he is in the comics with a whole bunch of robot underlings Superman has to fight. Maybe to save Lois from becoming Brainiac's cyber-bride or something.

Plenty of stories they could pull from the comics that would work on the big screen. I mean, what the hell good does almost 80 years of comic stories do just sitting around, right? Gotta be a few that would put asses in the seats.

Comment

• If GL does solid business and people embrace the uber-cosmic nature of it, we'll hopefully see 'Man of Steel' follow suit. If GL bombs, then that'll be the death knell for anything that's too out there and they'll go hyper-realistic. Again.
              Originally posted by Martin
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Really tired of hyper-realistic. I'm wondering why there's this incessant need to be way too grounded in the real world when you're making a SUPERHERO movie.

Comment

• Because they went the other direction at one point and we ended up with this......

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                    On the other hand, I looked at those new SPIDER-MAN set pics. Sweet Christmas, do I hate that suit.
                    Peter skateboards now/shops exclusively at Urban Outfitters.

Fuck this fucking movie in the face.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                      Loved the pencil analogy, Bobby.
                      Cheers, Ed! Aside from his acting chops, I always thought he stood out as a particularly svelte young man... even when surrounded by the other waifs from Skins.

Jamie, I had no idea he'd buffed up at all, let alone that much! You can't really tell from the trailers/promo stuff. Thanks for the info. It'll probably be weird to see him so different, but I'm looking forward to it.

Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                      Heard that, 'digger! Not liking the suit at all - unnecessary change to the classic design, but as someone mentioned before, it'll move action figures.
                      As that production rolls on, I'm feeling increasingly isolated in my enthusiasm for it. Lovin' the new suit. Lovin' the fact that it's Garfield and Stone. Just all round lovin' the fact that there's a new Spidey flick on the way. In fact, I would go as far as to describe my excitement level as: "stoked."
                      "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• What photos of spiderman are we talking about?
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• THIS COLOSSAL BULLSHIT RIGHT HERE
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                            Because they went the other direction at one point and we ended up with this......
                            True, I'll grant you that, but there is a happy middle-ground (see Marvel, for the most part). Schumacher's times at bat (pardon the pun) channeled the '60's TV series, which was camp to begin with. That was intentional on his part, even though by the 70's, Batman was grim as fuck in the comics; I remember an interview with Schumacher around the time of Batman Forever, where he mentioned something along the lines of "Well, why does Batman have to be so... dark?" That's when I punched out of that franchise, and pretty much anything Schumacher has done since.

The first two Superman films got the formula right, but afterwards, they went a bit far in the camp direction, and they didn't set their story goals high enough, whether that was due to expense or lack of ambition.

Comment

• I still love Superman 3 for Drunk Grimdark Supes and WTF Robot Woman.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                                The first two Superman films got the formula right, but afterwards, they went a bit far in the camp direction, and they didn't set their story goals high enough, whether that was due to expense or lack of ambition.
                                'Superman 3' went for camp. 'Superman 4:The Quest for Peace' tried to be serious and actually had a decent plot (on paper), but it was hampered by a terrible script, awful casting, and laughable special effects. The only thing that 4 had going for it was arguably Christopher Reeve, who did (in my opinion) some of his best and most earnest acting.
                                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                                Originally posted by gravedigger
                                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                                X