Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exactly. It's just a dude in some body armor instead of a fucking cyborg.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
      Rob and I are obviously thinking the same thing.

The main issue: the original armor looks like a walking Panzer tank. It's intimidating and reeks of POWER and MENACE. That new suit looks like something Snake Eyes would wear in a G.I. JOE movie.
      It looks like The Dark Knight Rises: From the dead.
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/A7vHUz69_QE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

this is the Robocop I love.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Can't see the other pics posted, but the Nolan Batman armor and the ME Collector armor came to my mind when I saw that:

BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Catcher in that scene is a dude named Robby Putney I went to school with.

Comment

• I'm on the same wavelength as Matt. The first thing I thought when I saw it was "Snake Eyes?".

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                Catcher in that scene is a dude named Robby Putney I went to school with.
                awesome.

Comment

• Gotta go with all y'all - while I don't mind the body armor design, it ain't screaming Robocop to me. Visor not withstanding.

Like Matt said, the original Robocop design looked bad ass:

I mean, look at this design! It's got some mass, it's beefy, it looks like it can take and dish out some serious punishment. The forearm housings give me a sense of some serious hydraulics going on in the biceps, the forearms look like they're removable in case OCP wants to plug in some more firepower instead of hands, the overall shape is humanoid but nicely chromed and metallic - kind of like a new car on a factory floor. In short, this is a MACHINE.

The headgear is akin to a knight's visor, yet has the jawline exposed like a superhero's mask, giving the viewer the impression that he's the good guy - just enough humanity showing. Plus, the bulkiness makes Robocop move slowly and precisely, like a machine/robot/mecha would. Shit, I see elements of this in the Iron Man movie suits - this is what a high-tech, real world power armor would look like.

The new suit just doesn't have the same recognizable silhouette as the classic version - it looks too generic, and could work in damn near any movie. Throw a cape on it, you have a Batman costume. Give him a ray gun, he's a black ops Stormtrooper. Put a soldier's name on it, it's a GI Joe accelerator suit.

Rumor has it the new Robocop is going to have different looks, can transform into other stuff, etc. I also hope that this is just a suit used for CGI purposes (the lack of any indicator lights or striping for CGI stuff has me wondering about this), but believe me - this is gonna be on toy store shelves next year, with Ari sadly shaking his head as he walks on by to the Star Wars aisle instead.

Comment

• This has got to be the basis for some kind of CGI shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                      This has got to be the basis for some kind of CGI shit.
                      Yeah b/c if not......Booooo
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• It looks like the automatic Batmobile armor. I guarantee you there is a rustoleum cgi effect at some point in the movie.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zrG7kFK4F6I?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• Kind of dig the crazy wheel covers on his ride, though.

Comment

• Actually, that new Robocop armor looks like how I'd envision Ultron looking in an AVENGERS sequel.
                            Originally posted by Martin
                            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                            Originally posted by gravedigger
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                            Originally posted by Martin
                            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Makes me think of a Batman Beyond movie.

Comment

• "There's only one Robocop, ma'am, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that."
                                Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                                John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Working...
                                X