This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
    That. It's like a cinematic Flaming Moe.
    I love you.

Comment

• I don't give a fuck about Bay until he makes Bad Boys 3 and this time Martin gets the ex in him and fucks one of the corpses they run over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
        That. It's like a cinematic Flaming Moe.
        I can't explain it. . . but fire made it good.
        I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• OK what's the buzz so far on THE HUNGER GAMES?

I went ahead and got the audio books for the trilogy and my wife and I are a little more than halfway through the first book. We are totally hooked. My wife went from complete indifference towards the film to OPENING WEEKEND WE ARE THERE.

I don't care about the BATTLE ROYALE comparison...I just care about this, and I'm deeply curious as to the buzz. The cast and crew scream 'quality', so I'm hugely optimistic that they nailed this.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Here's my problem with Hunger Games. It's supposed to be some kind of fucked up world where food is short and all that...but everything is so pretty and glossy. It's ridiculous. I don't think there was a single spec of dust on the set.

Comment

• You saw the film set, or are you talking about the footage that you've seen in the trailers? If the latter, I'd point out that most of the pregame footage is in the capital which is supposed to be clean, and most of the footage in district 12 that has been shown is from reaping day when everyone is dressed in their best.
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• The trailers, the promo pictures, everything. There's been footage with them in the middle of the "competition" or whatever they call it, and they're in these prim and proper perfect uniforms. But even the pre-game shit, all those people standing around in the city and again, they're all so clean and look fine. There is no sense of "we NEED to win these games or we die" at all. It looks like the superbowl. If the world has gone to complete shit and we are fighting and killing over food to survive the pomp and circumstance would be the first things to go.

Comment

• I'll stick with BR.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I get that, but it's also explained within the books. The capital is all about visual impact...they're all 'perfect' with heavy makeup, wigs, plastic surgery, all that stuff. When they bring tributes in from the districts, they assign them all stylists to help design their costumes and such. When they get out into the arena, they are all given the same uniform...brand new, so that it looks good on TV for everyone watching at home.

Comment

• Unless Lawrence is naked at some point, then what's the point?
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                        Unless Lawrence is naked at some point, then what's the point?
                        I hope and pray that we get that from her at some point. She's a total knockout in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                          I get that, but it's also explained within the books. The capital is all about visual impact...they're all 'perfect' with heavy makeup, wigs, plastic surgery, all that stuff. When they bring tributes in from the districts, they assign them all stylists to help design their costumes and such. When they get out into the arena, they are all given the same uniform...brand new, so that it looks good on TV for everyone watching at home.
                          That's all retarded. If the government tried that shit the entire world would descend into chaos and the hunger games wouldn't exist. It would be a non-stop war zone. Case in point - Africa. I've been told that the books are good and have "more going on than expected" by people I trust but the more I hear the dumber it sounds.

Comment

• You need to also understand that the overall population of North America is not that high. As the story begins, there are twelve districts...each devoted to one or two products...and a capital that runs them all. District 12, the one that Katniss is from, is around 8000 people, and it's suggested that the other districts are at about the same level. The capital is situated in the Rockies...probably Denver...and is depicted as being heavily fortified. Within the context of the story, the world makes sense. To dismiss it as stupid without actually reading it yourself does a disservice to the property.

Comment

• NO Matt, ALL THE THINGS ARE STUPID!!!!*

*;-) j/k bro
                              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I'll be honest, I was kinda dismissive of the film before listening to the book. My wife was completely dismissive...had zero interest at all in the film and didn't find the premise interesting. I got the audio books and was like...look, these are popular and are supposed to actually be GOOD. Let's give them a shot. We got hooked and, like I said, my wife is totally all OPENING WEEKEND WE ARE THERE on the film.

Comment

Working...
                                X