Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The first Sherlock Holmes was OK, but it was a done in one. I did like the dynamic between Downey and Law a lot, and I'd love it if they did a straight-ahead adaption of a Doyle mystery instead of this "blow shit up, let's go apeshit with the CGI" stuff.

Meh. I'll always have the Rathbone, Cushing films, and the Jeremy Brett TV series.

Comment

• Jeremy Brett is God.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
        Jeremy Brett is God.
        I always thought he was adorable as Freddy in "My Fair Lady", even though we know that's not really him singing "On The Street Where You Live." The guy was a hell of a lip syncher!
        2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• You guys have read my stuff, listened to the podcast, etc. (Not provable...) So you know I have tasteless/outrageous humor and would think this would be right up my alley. Didn't pipe up with a laugh once.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iXLuExO6j8Q" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>
          Originally posted by Ari
          The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• I laughed. But then again I was laughing because he looks like the guy from System of a Down.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I found all the jokes lazy.

But somehow pedigree and premise gets a pass.
              I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• "Ahh America, the birthplace of AIDS"

I chuckled at that. But that's it. What is this movie about?
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Prometheus poster is rather lovely, in my opinion.

Having just watched all 4 Alien films and all 4 making ofs, the hints that David Giler and Ridley Scott drop concerning this project have got me hard. I anticipate no one film more next year.
                  I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• I just posted that on the main site. yessssss
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                      I found all the jokes lazy.

But somehow pedigree and premise gets a pass.
                      Oh don't get me wrong, that movie looks like shit. I just found something funny about him looking like the dude from SoaD
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                        Prometheus poster is rather lovely, in my opinion.

Having just watched all 4 Alien films and all 4 making ofs, the hints that David Giler and Ridley Scott drop concerning this project have got me hard. I anticipate no one film more next year.
                        Great callback to that orginal iconic Alien poster.

But this has obviously been posted in a wrong thread. Movies undeserving of their own thread? Really?

And what kind of hints have been dropped? Not that I need another reason to give that perfect set another spin.

Comment

• Here's I how I put it together so far:

Spoiler: Speculative Prometheus spoilers 
                          All throughout the docs on the Blu-ray boxset, Giler and Scott keep calling back to how each sequel should have been about, 'where is the space jockey came from, where is the alien's home planet, why did Weyland-Yutani send the Nostromo to LV-426 in the first place...?' Combine that with Scott talking recently about the last 15 minutes of Prometheus feeding directly into the first act of Alien and the whole concept being about scientists trying to discover how to create genetic perfection... Presumably somehow creating or unleashing the alien species, facilitating its infiltration of an unknown habitat.
                          I think that gives an idea of what Scott is going for with this and it seems like the most interesting story left to tell. Not only that, he's playing with a budget and set of resources the franchise has never actually been afforded before and working with at least 3 of the most exciting up and coming performers working in studio films (Rapace, Fassbender, Elba). For me, there's maybe a lot riding on this, but it feels special somehow.

Comment

• gorgeous poster.
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• I'll watch that movie in theaters, no questions.
                              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Trailer for LOCKOUT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVbmDsJk9ug

looks AWESOME.

edit: and here's an even better one for it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ-9a_30wRQ

Guy Pearce in full on Jon McClane mode? Totally there.
                                Last edited by Matt; 12-14-2011, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X