Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not even bad in a funny way. It's like Jack and Jill: Happily Ever After.

Comment

• These Snow Way movies are fucking dumb looking.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• That looked insipid.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard View Post
          A live version of Snow White ala Shrek is something we didn't need.
          You hit the nail on the head with what the problem is. I don't mind a comedy version of it if it was animated. But a live version that's a parody just makes it look stupid and cheap. A live version should have a bit more dignity.
          2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• When saying "fairest of them all" you should at least have a queen that could be in competition, a la Charlize.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
              When saying "fairest of them all" you should at least have a queen that could be in competition, a la Charlize.
              Well, it's not that I don't think Julia Roberts is pretty enough to be The Evil Queen. I think she's fine - she's pretty (I know some don't like her, but I do think she's pretty), she's age appropriate, it's certainly not some ridiculous stretch like if they wanted HER to play Snow White, so from that viewpoint, it's fine. It's just the whole slapstick aspect I hate. And it's not that Julia Roberts can't do comedy - she can, I've seen her do very well in comedies plenty of times. It's just that the comedy doesn't suit this movie - she's not the problem, the whole approach is the problem.

Now, the Charlize version has Kristen Stewart playing Snow, and I think Charlize is the right approach for The Queen, but KS is the wrong approach for Snow. But I think this is also going to be a version where Snow is like a Joan of Arc-type warrior princess (sort of like what they did on Once Upon A Time the episode before last), so however that's going to be handled - it could work, I don't know. But the current Julia Roberts is totally wrong.
              2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

• Yeah, I think both of these Snow Whites (KS and whoever that is in Mirror Mirror) are underwhelming. It's HILARIOUS that KS doesn't even have a single line in that trailer. But yes, that slapsticky way silly tone is just terrible in Mirror Mirror. Snow White and the Huntsman might be decent, Hemsworth is great, and the action and Theron look good, but lord will Stewart be the suck. If she took a shot to that shield she held she would get knocked into the air.

Comment

whoever that is in Mirror Mirror.
                  Lily Collins, daughter of Phil. Already played Sandra Bullock's daughter in "The Blind Side".

Comment

• Originally posted by Lisa View Post
                    Lily Collins, daughter of Phil. Already played Sandra Bullock's daughter in "The Blind Side".
                    Seriously? Who is her mom, because I didn't see any Phil Collins in there at all. I honestly thought she was Indian.

Comment

• She can't dance, she can't talk. Only thing about her is the way she walks.

*kills self twice just to be sure*
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

Seriously? Who is her mom, because I didn't see any Phil Collins in there at all. I honestly thought she was Indian.
                        His ex-wife Jill Tavelman? She's not famous, so I don't know much about her.

Comment

• I want to believe you knew her name without Googling it.

Comment

• No, I Googled it, I'm not that good on my pointless trivia!

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard View Post
                              A live version of Snow White ala Shrek is something we didn't need.
                              After seeing that trailer Howard has nailed it. That's exactly the vibe coming off of it.
                              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• The perfect evil queen is Michelle Pfeiffer. She killed in STARDUST, hitting just the right tone of menace and humor. Plus, she's still gorgeous. Imagine her in the Julia Roberts role...
                                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                                Originally posted by gravedigger
                                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                                X