Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I guess that´s only fair since kids being disemboweled was acceptable for nazis as well. (sorry)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jan View Post
      Nifty indeed.

But stupid question time!

Why does it say "PG-13 for some war violence"? Is that some different violence than "normal" violence? Never seen that distinction.
      It's contextual. War violence is given more leeway for American audiences due to how it's presented. It also gives parents a means of distinguishing between how the violence is presented to their kids.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Well, I guess that´s only fair since kids being disemboweled was acceptable for nazis as well. (sorry)
        GOLD
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
          It's contextual. War violence is given more leeway for American audiences due to how it's presented. It also gives parents a means of distinguishing between how the violence is presented to their kids.
          All snark aside, I can´t agree with that argument though.

After all, we are talking about kids merely about hitting puberty here that are rarely able to distinguish between the context of violence on their own terms. And I think that the underlying argument about the parents is an inherent glorification of "war-violence" for a "greater good" in a war that justifies this violence to a certain degree as opposed to "Hollywood-action" (for a lack of a better term). Especially considering that the trailer does show pretty much "Hollywood-action" and not "war-action" in the sense of realisticly despicting violence as a means of story telling ala Saving Private Ryan.

Comment

• I find that Bad Boys 2-violence is much more instructing for my son than Saving Private Ryan-violence. He learns that good violence has cursing in it, and has to have an added touch of philosophy included, like the immortal "Shit just got real".

Comment

• Violence got a subgenre.

Fucking MPAA.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Not disagreeing. I think the rationale is that war violence will accurately portray consequences. It's the not glorifying the violence on a FUCK YEAH AWESOME level. It's a bullshit distinction.
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                  I find that Bad Boys 2-violence is much more instructing for my son than Saving Private Ryan-violence. He learns that good violence has cursing in it, and has to have an added touch of philosophy included, like the immortal "Shit just got real".
                  What the hell are you talking about?
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• And while we are at the subject of Action and Violence, the new Haywire-Trailer kicks all kinds of unholy ass. And that cast!

Comment

• Originally posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
                      What the hell are you talking about?
                      Exactly.

Comment

And while we are at the subject of Action and Violence, the new Haywire-Trailer kicks all kinds of unholy ass. And that cast!
                        No shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                          Oh, please. How the hell can modern moviemakers improve upon the sheer presence of Sho Nuff?

Look! White Mr. T!
                          My bad, the way I read it made it sound like you were shitting on the original. I can see your logic now. My bad.

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                          And while we are at the subject of Action and Violence, the new Haywire-Trailer kicks all kinds of unholy ass. And that cast!
                          Jan loves him some C-Tates.
                          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                            Jan loves him some C-Tates.
                            Second to none! Exept David Beckham maybe.

Comment

• The Hunger Games Trailer Is All Set-Up
                              Originally posted by Ari
                              The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• What the fuck on IMMORTALS...I never would have pegged it as a weekend winner.

Comment

Working...
                                X