Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This movie had douche written all over it the moment we heard a U2 song being used in the trailer.
    Originally posted by Ari
    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• I don't want to sound like a heartless bastard (too late), it's just the obviousness of it all is incredibly insulting.

It's like they put all of the potential melodramatics in a hat, and instead of drawing one or maybe two of them, they just grabbed for all of them in one fell swoop.

If there won't be a second trailer with "Solsbury Hill" on it, then it is a missed opportunity.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I was damn near a blubbing bitch during Warrior. That had emotion and genuine heart. This on the other hand feel 100% calculating to play on our memories of 9/11. Fuck that and the assholes behind it.
        Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• United 93 already wrote that book.

BTW: Even though I am not a fan of MMA (and truth be told, it sounds as if that is secondary to the story), I really want to see Warrior.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I wouldn't even call United 93 calculating as that is what happened. Same goes for Sunday Bloody Sunday.
            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
              I wouldn't even call United 93 calculating as that is what happened. Same goes for Sunday Bloody Sunday.
              THIS.
              Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• An aged Sandra Bullock. EDGY!

Wasn't Kidman's nose enough?
                Last edited by PHEDG; 09-30-2011, 02:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
                  United 93 already wrote that book.
                  The correct answer is World Trade Center.
                  Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• It's not calculating at all. I meant it expertly navigated the emotional waters of the entire event with a sobering account of them. Something none of the homegrown efforts have done (or will do, as I originally intended my comment to imply).

WTC was horrible. Oliver Stone should still be in director jail. But then we wouldn't have the laugh factory of Wall Street 2: The Sisterhood of the Travelling Labeefs. OH WHAT MIGHT HAVE BEEN UNDONE BY SUCH A HASTY JUDGEMENT!
                    Last edited by Captain Russ; 09-30-2011, 02:58 PM.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I think people are confusing calculating with manipulative.

Oliver Stone was never known for subtelty and holy shit has he gone off the rails for more than decade. With Nixon being his last good film, imo.
                      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• WTC nearly is worse than the said tragedy it's about. It's that fucking bad. Stone might have done some good back then, but fuck him, really.
                        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• That Hanks trailer gave me cancer.
                          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Jesus is that trailer shitty.
                            Originally posted by Martin
                            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                            Originally posted by gravedigger
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                            Originally posted by Martin
                            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
                              Extremely awful and incredibly trite.

Surely this must be a parody. I keep waiting for Simple Jack to emerge from the stables.

I still like the book. Wrong team to be working on it.
                              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by PHEDG View Post
                                An aged Sandra Bullock. EDGY!

Wasn't Kidman's nose enough?
                                She doesn't look aged... she just looks like a normal person vs. movie star. IMO.
                                If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

Working...
                                X