SPIDER-MAN, VENOM, NON MARVEL SPIDEY DOES WHAT A SPIDER CAN IF SONY LETS HIM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
    I don't understand the mindset of some people regarding this film. Based on the footage released so far, it deserves more than its fair share of optimism. The benefit of the doubt, at least.
    I have little interest in it at this point. If it ends up okay, cool. If it doesn't, whatever.

As of today, my jimmies are impossible to rustle.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Talking Lizard.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DczQBNfKQNY" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>
      Originally posted by Ari
      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• what's wrong with that? Granted I'm not as well versed in comics as others, but I thought he "spoke" in the comics?
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• He usually does speak in the comics. The movie version, however, doesn't sound quite like what us fans were expecting. Shades of Bale's Dark Knight voice and all that, I guess.

Personally, I'd have thought the voice would be more gutteral, deeper, with more of a sibilant hiss to it - "Sssssscrew you, Sssspider-Man!"

Comment

• Shouldn't he have a Welsh accent like Ryhs Ifans does?

Comment

• If you're bitching about a Lizard Man talking in a movie about a dude who has spider "powers" you need to uncork your ass and breathe a little. Fucks sake man.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                If you're bitching about a Lizard Man talking in a movie about a dude who has spider "powers" you need to uncork your ass and breathe a little. Fucks sake man.
                Nice.

Still hope the movie fails for some reason, based on rebooting the story. But, if they can make it better than the overhyped Raimi movies, so be it.
                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                  If you're bitching about a Lizard Man talking in a movie about a dude who has spider "powers" you need to uncork your ass and breathe a little. Fucks sake man.
                  When you're clearly aping the Nolan "realism" bullshit, you can't turn around and say, "Why did you expect it to be realistic? It's about a guy with spider-powers!"
                  Originally posted by Ari
                  The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• I don't see it copying Nolan's approach at all.

I think people are seeing what they want to see because this has been rebooted so soon. But if you look purely at what's been released, the only thing I'm not loving is the Lizard design so far. Garfield and Stone are better casting than Maguire and Dunst, the tone and dialogue seem spot on to me and the effects work (Lizard aside) has taken a leap since the last film.

Put me firmly in the boat of those that feel Raimi's films are overrated. Fun for sure, but downhill after the first one. I really don't get the nerdgasms for the second film. It's good, but it's a long way from being the best superhero movie as some claim and the effects work in all 3 films is all over the place.
                    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                      I don't see it copying Nolan's approach at all.

I think people are seeing what they want to see because this has been rebooted so soon. But if you look purely at what's been released, the only thing I'm not loving is the Lizard design so far. Garfield and Stone are better casting than Maguire and Dunst, the tone and dialogue seem spot on to me and the effects work (Lizard aside) has taken a leap since the last film.

Put me firmly in the boat of those that feel Raimi's films are overrated. Fun for sure, but downhill after the first one. I really don't get the nerdgasms for the second film. It's good, but it's a long way from being the best superhero movie as some claim and the effects work in all 3 films is all over the place.
                      I have to agree with my Commonwealth friend here. I liked the 2nd Spiderflick, but The Avengers and The Dark Knight blows it away.

Comment

• I just want to hang with Spidey some more you guys.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I'll see it, but the nature of it makes me hate it. The Amazing Spiderman is like the black baby your caucasian wife just gave birth to. Your relationship with the baby starts at -1.

Comment

• I'm starting to look at this as a James Bond franchise. Roger Moore just took over for Sean Connery and they're doing their usual slight continuity changes. I'm indifferent.
                            Originally posted by Martin
                            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                            Originally posted by gravedigger
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                            Originally posted by Martin
                            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                              I'm starting to look at this as a James Bond franchise. Roger Moore just took over for Sean Connery and they're doing their usual slight continuity changes. I'm indifferent.
                              Seriously. Comics book movies = Bond. Change the fucking stars, the director, whoever the fuck. What does it matter? It doesn't. These are fucking 50-70 year old franchises. There's multiple fucking stories going on at once in the damn comics. Who cares if they make a new Batman, or Spidey or X-Men every two years? Some will be great, some will suck. To actively hope it fails is fucking stupid.

Comment

• What I would give to have seen an internet reaction when Godfather II was announced.

Comment

Working...
                                X