No announcement yet.

Tron Legacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tron was a huge influence on me. I live by "there are no problems, only solutions". I got into programming because of that movie. But was it a good movie? NEIN. I am still gonna go see Legacy, but every single review except for maybe one has panned this movie as terrible.
    <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

• Always liked the original Tron - for it's time, it was quite the film. Looking back on it with older eyes, yeah, it's got it's faults, but it's still fun, and there are some solid performances as well.

Tron: Legacy? Oh, seeing this is a given, reviews be damned. My only concern is do I spend the money to watch it in the theatres, or wait a few months to watch the DVD with the extra bells and whistles (deleted scenes, behind the scenes stuff, etc.) on my big screen TV?

Mike, cool story! Nice to hear that a film inspired you!

Comment

• Renn did one hell of a good job on his review: http://chud.com/articles/articles/26...AKE/Page1.html
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        Originally posted by Martin
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Saw it. Not that bad. Not great either. I get Anderson's review. But I enjoyed it like I enjoyed GI Joe. Stupid fun movie, but the visuals and sounds and the score are amazing. It's worth seeing it on the big screen.

And Renn on Derp is a shitty writer.
          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• And this movie has Olivia Wilde, and no retarded chimps and fat fucks. ADVANTAGE TRON. FUCK SPEED RACER.

Comment

• Film is now looking at a possible 50 mil weekend.
              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• 43.6 mil
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Comment

• Okay, so was there an entire subplot tossed out in the editing room? Or did the writers set up some kind of corporate shenanigans with Cillian Murphy and then not bother to write the rest? It's like they decided "well, shit, everyone wants to see the cool TRON shit so we better get to that quick".

That said, I still enjoyed it quite a bit. Even though the story was pretty disjointed the action scenes were fun and everything looked awesome. Wesley Snipes almost stole the show with his Ziggy Stardust impersonation.

Comment

• He was their obvious "fuck you, you'll pay us to see him in the sequel" play.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• It was gorgeous and the score is fucking incredible, but the film itself is completely forgettable. I'd say its actually not as interesting as the original Tron and - while I get the comparisons - Speed Racer is ten times the movie this is. Speed Racer (sorry, Matt) WORKS despite its flaws. Which are few.

There were nice sequences in this. The first 20-30 minutes are pretty good, the lightcycle chase and the first of the disc fights were both cool and there's a pretty striking image of a jet with twin light-trails pirrhouetting skyward, creating a double helix behind it (recalling an earlier image). In fact, the big wins of the film are the score and the production design, which does so much with what is mostly straight lines of neon.

But the story and character motivations are fucked, the internal logic crumbles quickly and the CLU effects range from great to PS2 level - there's shot in the climax where I thought young Jeff Bridges was gonna turn into the Scorpion King.

A missed opportunity, but one that could be partially redeemed by an isolated score track on the DVD. It would play great as a 2-hour music video on your wall.
                        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• I heard Michael Sheen was re-goddamn-diculous in this movie.

Michael Sheen must have two modes: Playing real life brits and really hammy supporting characters who have to wear a lot of makeup.
                          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Sheen is the champion of the movie. So ridiculous/awesome.

Comment

• Yeah. It's fun, easy, but forgettable movie. But bad? I liked this way more than Speed Fucker.

And yeah, the soundtrack deserves Oscar nom and the design is fabulous. But the flick loses steam as soon as it blow it's load after the light cycle race is over.

Comment

• And Olivia Wilde in Tron is the hottest babe I've seen in the last 5 years. Good Lord!

Comment

Working...
                                X