Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bring it on down to Green Lanternville...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was kind of reminiscent of the fight scene from Superman 2. The ludicrousness of GL whipping up springs and an anti-aircraft gun instead of just blasting the fuck out of that thing was pure comic goodness.

Gotta back Rob - it's a comic book movie. Reality should be checked at the door the moment you see someone in spandex flying onscreen.

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
      If only they marketed this well.
      The marketing for Thor and X-Men: First Class has been equally shitty.

On the other hand, Captain America has played every right note in my never-so-humble "Fuck you!" opinion.
      Originally posted by Ari
      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• We'll see how it shakes out once the critics get their screening.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Was this filmed in 3d or was it post?
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
            The marketing for Thor and X-Men: First Class has been equally shitty.

On the other hand, Captain America has played every right note in my never-so-humble "Fuck you!" opinion.
            Seconded, and the public seems absolutely PRIMED for CA.
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I got the 3d trailer on my 3DS and it looked pretty swank.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
                Was this filmed in 3d or was it post?
                Post processing. Your eyes will be fucked hard and put away dry in the solarium.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
                  Not gonna lie: THAT LOOKS FUCKING FUN AS SHIT.
                  Originally posted by Timothy225
                  Gotta back Rob - it's a comic book movie. Reality should be checked at the door the moment you see someone in spandex flying onscreen.
                  THESE GAWDAMNIT NAO STOP THE DOOM & GLOOM ALREADY!!!!
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
                    Post processing. Stop supporting the fad.
                    Dude I only support 3d if it was filmed in 3d. The only post-3d movie I paid for was Piranha 3d because of the hype and I was supremely let down with the 3d. Otherwise, now knowing this was post, I will not be seeing it in 3d. Also, settle down Francis.

Comment

• hey, I want it to succeed like gangbusters. I just think it's gonna flop.

Jamie: how is it tracking?
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• My name is PSYCHO.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                          Seconded, and the public seems absolutely PRIMED for CA.
                          I think Cap hooked people the moment they saw Evans in his meek physical form going, "Just give me a chance..." and the "Why me? Because a weak man knows the value of strength" exchange.

And Nazi skull-fucking by superheroes.
                          Originally posted by Ari
                          The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• also, Nazis. If you're gonna have bad guys, go with Nazis. Even Illinois Nazis.

Comment

• NUOH MY GOD

Aaaaand The Black Lanterns outnumber everyone 1000 to 1.

Last edited by Captain Russ; 06-14-2011, 10:16 AM.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Cap's going to appeal to the "USA! USA!" crowd, no question, which makes up most of the summer blockbuster audience. Throw in action akin to the Indiana Jones flicks, and Nazis getting clobbered, and you're guaranteed #1 at the box office that weekend. If it could've opened on July 4th, you'd have everyone's choice for movie of the year.

Green Lantern should take #1 for the weekend, but unless it delivers on the big action pieces and just wows the fuck out of the audience, I anticipate a huge drop by the third week. Like Matt, I really, really want GL to succeed, as it'll give WB the kick in the ass to put more DC characters onscreen besides Batman. Yeah, we're getting Superman, but there are some halfway decent second tier superheroes that would rock a movie pretty damn well. Might also goose Marvel a bit to takes some chances on other characters in their stable, too.

ETA: re: the WWE-Green Lantern stuff... LAME. No Undertaker for the Black Lantern? How can they miss that?
                                Last edited by Timothy225; 06-14-2011, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X