No announcement yet.

District 9 SPOILERS INSIDE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a South African Murray from Flight of the Conchords. Haha. That's what we kept thinking.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by EdHocken View Post
      Is it just me? Or did anyone else get a Steve Carell vibe anytime Wilkus was in the office. Just the way he would make faces and such. The man looked like an Afrikaaner Michael Scott.
      I totally did. I was expecting a jump cut to an Pam or Jim. What a let down.
      The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

That I can see because Murray while lame doesn't make dated jokes like Michael does.

But for some reason, it just cracks me up that the innerworkings of MNU is like any other office.
        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Murray > Michael Scott.

Also, this movie needs to be seen again. I want it on blu like right now. ugh.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

I really can't wait to see this again. So much to love in this film. And once it's on Blu, I pray for some extensive behind the scenes plus a commentary track. This is the type of film I can obsess on for weeks and I can't wait to go back to this world. I'd love to see an MNU doc that details how MNU was created and what they know of the aliens.

As for a sequel, I really can't wait. There is so much more to explore with this story that a sequel could really fucking work. Could Wikus take over the hive and lead a revolt? Will Chirstopher return, and if he does, is he bringing back up?
            Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
            John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Saw the afternoon screening. Kinda packed for a Monday, which is a good sign because I WANT A FUCKING SEQUEL RIGHT FUCKING NOW.

So incredible both in terms of visual as well as narrative storytelling. Ol' Neil is the new sci-fi nerdboner director on the scene, taking the spot left by Shane Carruth (who was last seen in Garland, eating out of the hotdog cart outside of the local Lowe's Home Improvement store).

I'll be seeing this again sometime this week, as it deserves repeat viewings.

Glad that Pete Jackson produced his own Halo movie, which is so much more fucking awesome than that cumrag of a property.

The prawn warmachine scene was just flat-out perfect nerdgasm stuff.

Off to listen to the She's Right, I'm Rob on the matter.

Goddamn this should have come out sooner. SOOOOOOOO GREAT. Hyperbole hyperbole hyperbole.

*Candyman and Beetlejuice appear, looking confused and angry*
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

Cool thing: the initial exposition in the opening has footage of the little dropship dated as being from 1982. Just a cool little detail that helps set up the alternate world they live in.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Yeah. This movie just rocked everything. So need to see it again.

Comment

7 Reasons Why a District 9 Video Game Would Be Awesome

Comment

Saw this Friday evening and loved it. The crazy alien weapons reminded me of some of the weapons in Resistance. I'd love to see a sequel, but I hope they don't go crazy with a larger budget. The quick and dirtiness of this one felt right. Maybe it's better if this is the only film. (I know, that's blasphemy!)
                      "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

I'm sorta in the same boat. I'd like Neil to come back (only him) in a few years after he's done some other stuff, only if he has an idea he's in love with.

Comment

Sorry Lesley but I don't think his wife is waiting at all. It was a set-up to track him on the cell phone.
                          We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                          - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I think that was true when they actually spoke while he was still human, but in the end, I think you are wrong sir. She is totally waiting for him.
                            If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

Wistful remembering past memories but I'm pretty sure her father painted a very vivid picture for her. Sure, the romantic in me says she's waiting. The realist? She's moved on.

Edited to add: Or translated into Rob-speak: "IN THE SHED."
                              Last edited by Howard; 08-18-2009, 07:05 PM.
                              We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                              - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Also, I agree with Lesley. The first time was to track him. The ending was her waiting.

Comment

Working...
                                X