No announcement yet.

District 9 SPOILERS INSIDE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love the film, but it feels like the middle part of one film. How did the alien queen/leader die? Why did the ship goto Earth? Districts 1-8? Why can the aliens never go home (that is until Christopher sees his people being used as experiments). Christopher's son seems special. What exactly is he? It's nice to get a movie that makes you interested in the backstory (much less what happens next). What happens to Wilkus? Etc, etc.
    We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
    - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

That's the best part! It's like sci-fi films back in the day, when everything wasn't spoonfed to you. And they can always comeback and do multiple stories about all of those.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I figured that alien you see making the flowers was Wilkus.
        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Originally posted by EdHocken View Post
            If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

Originally posted by EdHocken View Post
              Yes, but Christopher said he'll be back in 3 years. Will Wilkus still want to become human again? Was Christopher telling the truth about being able to reverse the effects?
              We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Hbarr View Post
                Yes, but Christopher said he'll be back in 3 years. Will Wilkus still want to become human again? Was Christopher telling the truth about being able to reverse the effects?
                Such questions would have to be answered in the sequel. But if he's leaving metal flowers for his wife. At the moment, he still does. In the future? Who knows.

Comment

Ed, Ed, Ed. Those were rhetorical questions. Specifically to my point that it's nice to get a movie that makes you interested in the backstory (much less what happens next).

Comment

Also, thanks to D9, I was treated to a trailer for Shutter Island (a movie previously not on my radar).

Comment

Yeah, that looks pretty great.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
                        The most unsettling part for me was the "popcorn" scene. I don't know why, but Wikus' zeal/carelessness when he was "unplugging" the egg and describing how it sounded like popcorn when the soldiers were torching the shack made me feel dirty, along with him handing the doohickey to the one MNU guy and saying "Here, a souvenir from your first abortion!"

I'm totally pro-choice, fuck fetuses, etc., but that scene really bugged me out.
                        All I thought about was Futurama and the popplers episode.
                        The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Am I the only one that thought this was a clever reimagining of Black Like Me?
                          The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Yes. Especially since the creator said it was about his experiences living in JoBurg.

Comment

Although, I noticed alot of similarities to the Babysitters Club series, so who knows?

Comment

Is it just me? Or did anyone else get a Steve Carell vibe anytime Wilkus was in the office. Just the way he would make faces and such. The man looked like an Afrikaaner Michael Scott.

Comment

Working...
                                X