Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rob View Post
    Dennehy is a GODDAMN CHARACTER ACTOR. haha
    Yeah but what has he been in recently? Other than plays, which I know he does. And you stole that remark from Patton Oswalt.

And as for Machete. Further evidence that De Niro is pulling a Nic Cage and just pissing away that career of his.
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
      Ugh, Machete. My faith in Rodriguez has been waning for a long time, but this? Total lack of interest.
      Goddammit, I love Planet Terror, this could be just like that. Dumb fun and cheap. With FAHEY. so yeah, I'm sold, but I understand the apathy.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I loved Planet Terror too, but it's also the first interesting thing he's done (imo) since Desperado/his half of From Dusk Til Dawn. I honestly like the guy, I love his enthusiasm for filmmaking and his desire to do it his own way, but I want him to branch the fuck out and take some chances instead of spending all his time banging Rose McGowan and making terrible movies for his kids.
        "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
        *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
          Dennehy owned in First Blood. Cole is a bitch on Entourage at the moment.

Dennehy > Cole
          This. AND Dennehy knows you never punch a man on the top of his skull. Hardest part of the body. Bet'cha Cole don't know shit about fisticuffs. Take that Hocken, you Cole loving sonuvacockface!
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

No he didn't. But Cole has the common sense not to fuck with Vietnam vets, something that Dennehy's boys weren't able to do.

And going back to Rodriguez. I still wonder why in the hell did Planet Terror cost $60 million plus? In addition to the fact if its a grindhouse film, why have the modern tech in there? I thought grindhouse related more to the time and era. In addition to shitty quality.

Comment

If we're talking old washed up has been actors where's the Hackman love?

Comment

Also, if anyone brings up Sin City as an example of something good that Rodriguez has done since Desperado, I will punch you in the dick. If you don't have a dick, I will find one, sew it onto you in an awkward place, and punch it.
                "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

Originally posted by EdHocken View Post
                  No he didn't. But Cole has the common sense not to fuck with Vietnam vets, something that Dennehy's boys weren't able to do.
                  Dennehy had balls enough to try though, didn't he. Cole would have let Rambo pass on through and in the process would have robbed us of "KING COBRAAA.... NOT, ONE BUT ONLY KING KOBRAAA!" and this.
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Originally posted by Fej View Post
                    If we're talking old washed up has been actors where's the Hackman love?
                    Hackman retired years ago.

And with exception of Johnny Depp as the Blind Assassin and his chiclate selling sidekick. One upon a time in Mexico sucked.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
                      I loved Planet Terror too, but it's also the first interesting thing he's done (imo) since Desperado/his half of From Dusk Til Dawn. I honestly like the guy, I love his enthusiasm for filmmaking and his desire to do it his own way, but I want him to branch the fuck out and take some chances instead of spending all his time banging Rose McGowan and making terrible movies for his kids.
                      QFT*

*For the most part as I kinda liked Sin City. Please don't punch my cock.
                      Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                      John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

I love Sin City, and I'm not afraid of the cock punch. Sin City the comics were some of my first forays into the world of anti superhero comics when I was a kid. Shit, I was like the only 6th grader sporting a Marv and Yellow Bastard tshirt. I thought the movie was an excellent look into how to make a movie with the less is more style. My only gripe was Jessica Alba as Nancy. Fucked that whole side plot up.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

She was fine until she spoke.
                          Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                          Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                          POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

But she also wasn't "Nancy", she was "Jessica Alba sorta wants to play a stripper, but not really"

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                              She was fine until she spoke.
                              That goes for most women.
                              Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                              John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Get ready for a lot more teeth in your mouth hugs buddy.
                                Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                                Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                                POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X