No announcement yet.

Where the Wild Things Are film clip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait, there really are people crying at the fucking trailer? I'm honest when I say I probably would cry during the actual movie but the trailer? It's a good trailer (mostly due to music choice, I think) but come on. Nordling has been prone to interwebs hyperbole in the past, please tell me that is the case again.

Comment

Huh. 10 out of 10 according to Devin.
      "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
      *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

The reviews that have been coming in are pretty great. But maybe I'm just too cynical, but crying at a trailer is for 10 year old girls watching sparkly vampires.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

No, I'm absolutely cool with crying at a movie. Nothing wrong with that. I wept openly at UP, just because my grandmother had just died and I had spent some time with her husband (my step-granddad, I guess) after the funeral, and he just seemed kinda lost in spite of having handled everything as far as the cremation, memorial, etc. It's sad to see someone lose the only other person that they felt like they had, even if caring for them can become a little burdensome at times. So I guess what my "teetering-on-saying-too-much" anecdote is shooting for is that there's nothing wrong with introspection and having an emotional reaction DURING A MOVIE WITH A COMPLETE NARRATIVE.

But when someone goes out of their way to state that the waterworks kick off EVERY TIME THEY SEE A TRAILER, I'm just smiling and nodding while reaching for the phone to call the cops so that they can come put this person in a straitjacket and on a strict regimen of Thorazine. Hyperbole or not, if you're having a full-blown emotional reaction to a film trailer every time it crawls across the screen, Pavlov's clapping and yelling "FUCK YEAH!" somewhere in the afterlife.
          "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
            So I guess what my "teetering-on-saying-too-much" anecdote is shooting for is that there's nothing wrong with introspection and having an emotional reaction DURING A MOVIE WITH A COMPLETE NARRATIVE.
            Yep. I've cried during movies and I agree with you there.

But when someone goes out of their way to state that the waterworks kick off EVERY TIME THEY SEE A TRAILER, I'm just smiling and nodding while reaching for the phone to call the cops so that they can come put this person in a straitjacket and on a strict regimen of Thorazine. Hyperbole or not, if you're having a full-blown emotional reaction to a film trailer every time it crawls across the screen, Pavlov's clapping and yelling "FUCK YEAH!" somewhere in the afterlife.
            I also agree with you here. Those people need a good punch in the dick.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

I only cry during the commercial because I grew up with the book.
              The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

In total agreement(with Jake). The trailer's do their job in that they make me want to see the flick. Nothing near waterworks though.
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

I only cry at the book because I grew up with the commercials.

Comment

I only cry when the movie is better than the book.

Comment

I only cry at books because I can't read. Thanks alot Nerdious.

Comment

But what about picture books? Rob, are you picture illiterate? Oh wait... I forgot you were colorblind. Sorry...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                            I don't want yer cries!!
                            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

The Wild Rumpus just isn't as exciting in Braille, Nerdious.

~

Comment

Didn't know some of you were also blind...

Comment

Working...
                                X