Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THE MEN OF THE X VARIETY AND OTHER FOX BS (spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Exorcist III did that also. But Best Defense is the best example that comes to mind.
    Originally posted by Ari
    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
      Holy shit, they're Best Defensing this?!
      As originally filmed, the film did not feature Eddie Murphy's character, and was solely a Dudley Moore film.[3] The film's preview screenings were received poorly, and the studio suggested filming a role for Eddie Murphy, who was at the peak of his popularity. Murphy's part was almost unconnected with the rest of the film and his character never even came into contact with the main cast.[3][4] There had been a scene filmed during the reshoots which featured Moore and Murphy's characters meeting, but it was cut from the film.
      Wow, that's crazy.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• The back-to-back nuclear bombings of that and Howard the Duck effectively ended Huyck and Katz. Lucas could only back them and they could only hang on to writing American Graffiti (and rewrites on Star Wars) for so long. Like what would have happened to Zemeckis and Gale if they didn't make Back to the Future and Romancing the Stone.

The Exorcist III
        worked even better thanks to the reshoots.
        Last edited by FilmNerdJamie; 02-28-2018, 05:40 PM.
        Originally posted by Ari

Comment

Holy shit, they're Best Defensing this?!
          THERE WE GO! I couldn't think of the fucking movie. If you can find it on YouTube, the Letterman interview where Murphy tries to explain what happened with Best Defense should be taught in rhetoric and debate classes.

Masterful bullshitting.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Murphy later said his salary on Best Defense was more than he was paid for both 48 Hours and Trading Places combined, and this was right before he exploded into mega-stardom with Beverly Hills Cop.
            Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Deadpool 2 screened last night.

Save for the end credit gags... it didn't go over well. Like, at all.
              Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Welp.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Yeah, I've been hearing some word, but the talk out of the screening last night is brutal.
                  My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Brutal in what way?
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• In that how it fell flat (and this was a fanboy/geek/nerd heavy screening) and I'm not sure Fox saw it coming.

Spoiler: Spoilers For Realsies! 
                      Stuff like Deadpool calling Cable "Thanos" and saying how he is so dark "he must be from the DCEU" got a cheap laugh. But it takes an hour for the actual story to kick in.

The end credits is him time-traveling and being Deadpool like going directly into the ending of X-Men: Origins - Wolverine and killing Baby Hitler in the hospital. That legit killed and was said to be the highlight of the whole film.

Reynolds tried to take all the credit for Deadpool exploding and mostly succeeded. When it was, in fact, 1000000% the marketing talking and the fact Tim Miller had to fight to keep him in the role. So now he gets to take all the heat for this. Headed straight back to the direct-to-DVD bin with his shitty taste in films.
                      Last edited by FilmNerdJamie; 03-09-2018, 09:38 AM.
                      Originally posted by Ari

Comment

In that how it fell flat (and this was a fanboy/geek/nerd heavy screening) and I'm not sure Fox saw it coming.

Spoiler: Spoilers For Realsies! 
                        Stuff like Deadpool calling Cable "Thanos" and saying how he is so dark "he must be from the DCEU" got a cheap laugh. But it takes an hour for the actual story to kick in.

The end credits is him time-traveling and being Deadpool like going directly into the ending of X-Men: Origins - Wolverine and killing Baby Hitler in the hospital. That legit killed and was said to be the highlight of the whole film.

Reynolds tried to take all the credit for Deadpool exploding and mostly succeeded. When it was, in fact, 1000000% the marketing talking and the fact Tim Miller had to fight to keep him in the role. So now he gets to take all the head for this.
                        That ending still might get them in trouble with the DGA.

Comment

• The meme machine strikes again.

Maybe we'll get the real Van Wilder sequel now.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

In that how it fell flat (and this was a fanboy/geek/nerd heavy screening) and I'm not sure Fox saw it coming.
                            Eh, it might still be okay. That crowd ain’t known for its taste.
                            Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• Also true.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/D86RtevtfrA" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Working...
                                X