Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THE MEN OF THE X VARIETY AND OTHER FOX BS (spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
    I liked this film, it surpassed all expectations for an x-man film for me. It's weird, but my favourite thing about the movie? The way they have Azazael (or whatever the fuck the red teleporter's name is) fight. They sort of let Nightcrawler do this in X-2, but everything I thought a teleporter could do if he was unleashed and homicidal was in this movie. It was clever and overall it seemed like the veteran mutants behaved like they had had their powers for a long time (i.e. I never had a point in the film where I went "Why don't you just do this?", the older mutants behaved exactly like I expected they would).

It's a dumb thing to like, but that's me.

Also, I could have watched an entire film about Eric: Nazi Hunter. The tension in the bar was delicious. DELICIOUS I SAY!
    Dat.

I really liked it, and it's by far my favorite X-Men movie. Despite the horrid "acting" of January Jones.
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
      Dat.

I really liked it, and it's by far my favorite X-Men movie. Despite the horrid "acting" of January Jones.
      The kid playing young Eric was shitty as well. Other than that, the cast is aces. Love the film.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
        Some of these sites are under the impression a First Class sequel is happening because Jason Flemyng quipped about a script being written.
        Fuck me it would seem. LOL.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...t-class-sequel
        Originally posted by Ari
        The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
          The kid playing young Eric was shitty as well.
          Originally posted by BuffingtonHeadcheese
          Remember Martin, Matt hates ALL kids. Especially acting ones.
          QED
          <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

• So the fanboys spent all this summer whining about X-Men: First Class under-performing and begging for a sequel. Fox makes the first moves towards one (Not a definite that it's happening, mind you) and what's the first thing the fanboys do in reaction?

They bitch because it's Simon Kinberg writing. Noting he wrote X-Men: The Last Stand. They're either too lazy or stupid to realize (or research) Kinberg did his work under the supervision of Matthew Vaughn. Their Geek God. Who bailed how soon right before cameras rolled? Oh that's right. It's all Brett Ratner's fault X-Men 3 sucked.

Fucking morons. No wonder they can't fuck anything that isn't artificial.
            Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Bigger question is does Vaughn want to come back?
              Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Well he did get a baby out of the first one.

Comment

• Oh, and The Wolverine ain't lensing anytime soon into next year from the sounds of it.

Chris,

I spoke to someone who had recently met with director James Mangold about mixing it up with that particular hairball on the big screen, and he/she has been told that due to some problems on the Japan side (not quite sure what; politics, red-tape and ill-fated "Grudge" remakes may have something to do with the dent in the relations there) the film has been delayed. Again. They'll resume talks again next year. I don't know when the film will happen, but I believe it will – the script is said to be stellar (as opposed to the first “Wolverine”, whose script I’d also use an 'S' word to describe).
                  I will say though I could see a First Class sequel happening in the event of Wolverine 2's continuous delays and Fox's desires/needs to keep the property there.
                  Last edited by FilmNerdJamie; 11-29-2011, 09:52 AM.
                  Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Vaughn just closed a deal to direct the First Class sequel. Cut to no January Jones.
                    Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• As though the first part of that news wasn't awesome enough.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• That is some truly excellent news. Do we have a date or a script yet?
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Fox has dick lined up for summer 2013 outside of Apes 2. So...that would be my guess.
                          Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• In all seriousness, who is going to return for the sequel? Who is contractually obligated, apart from McAvoy and Fassbinder? Lawrence?

Comment

• My $ is on McAvoy and Fassbender. Period.

Lawrence will be committed to more Hunger Games.
                              Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                                Lawrence?
                                HNNNNGHHHHHH of all HNNNNNNNNNGHHHHHHHHS
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X