Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THE MEN OF THE X VARIETY AND OTHER FOX BS (spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, if it was not readily apparent before, I hadn't seen this until tonight.

F. Assbender is great (aside from his odd-as-fuck slips in accent), McAvoy is even greater (aside from the "I can't feel moi legs" part), Rose Byrne is foine as usual (down to lingerie inside of five minutes of meeting the character? fuck yeah), and the younguns are a great little group that definitely shares a camaraderie from the first time they're all together. DAT MYSTIQUE. HGGGGGGNNNNNNNHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The little callbacks and cameos are pitch perfect, and The Bacon does some great work with a really cold motherscratcher in Sebastian Shaw.

Now to the shit that works like a chili fart in a crowded elevator: Lenny Kravitz's daughter's turn was so fucking quick that I couldn't give a fuck if she died in her little scrap with Banshee, Mags' turn into a leader as opposed to badass loaner seemed at odds with who he was and was a lightning fast progression that lacked any real weight (seriously, he needed, nay DESERVED a more developed arc) and then there's The White Queen.

Jesus banana daquiri-shitting Christ. I hope the pussy was real good Vaughn, because she left boredom in her wake whenever she appeared. Like the offspring of a fembot and Chris Klein, that one.

Aside from a few snags, this was a really solid entry in the franchise (and I think we were due something decent after the dross we've seen in the last few years). I loved the period setting, most of the cast, and the tone more than anything else. There was some fun and youthful recklessness that had been sorely missing for too long in this series. Glad someone finally got it to the screen.
    Last edited by Captain Russ; 06-10-2011, 08:36 PM.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Saw this today. I'm down for a continuation of this series, minus Emma Frost, or a recast.
      "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• Watched last night. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Tying Shaw to the Nazi death camps? Lazy and unnecessary. Hellfire Club controlling world events? Good. Hellfire Club wanted to destroy the entire human race via nuclear war? Bad. Insinuating that mutants would be immune to radiation? Bad. Emma Frost? Horrible. Basically handing Cerebro and the Blackbird to Xavier already designed and built? Lazy and bad. Having the kids learn control of their powers in less than a week? Lazy and bad. Ugh. The list goes on and on.
        We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
        - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• So it added dumb bullshit onto the already dumb bullshit they'd shoehorned into the filmic counterpart to the X-verse (at least that aspect remains consistent), surely there were some redeeming qualities within?

Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Lazy and unnecessary shit. It makes me sad for X-Men movies. I guess Magneto's performance was ok. I guess.
            We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

• YEAH!

F.ASSBENDER IS THE MAN.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• dammit. gonna have to agree to disagree on this one, Howard. I loved it thoroughly.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                Originally posted by Martin
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Bad, bad, bad film. Three films condensed (badly) into one film.

Comment

• We just watched it last night. Dug the hell outta it. Fassbender is the goddamn man in this. White Queen was lame and pointless. Beast was dope but I wanted Fraiser dammit.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Howard so crazy.

Comment

• I liked this film, it surpassed all expectations for an x-man film for me. It's weird, but my favourite thing about the movie? The way they have Azazael (or whatever the fuck the red teleporter's name is) fight. They sort of let Nightcrawler do this in X-2, but everything I thought a teleporter could do if he was unleashed and homicidal was in this movie. It was clever and overall it seemed like the veteran mutants behaved like they had had their powers for a long time (i.e. I never had a point in the film where I went "Why don't you just do this?", the older mutants behaved exactly like I expected they would).

It's a dumb thing to like, but that's me.

Also, I could have watched an entire film about Eric: Nazi Hunter. The tension in the bar was delicious. DELICIOUS I SAY!
                        <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

• Indeed. I also dug the scene with Professor X making the Russians not notice the soldiers in the back of the van. I don't think we've seen him do that before, correct?
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abe Smashington View Post
                            Indeed. I also dug the scene with Professor X making the Russians not notice the soldiers in the back of the van. I don't think we've seen him do that before, correct?
                            Correct! In X-2 he freezes an entire room (which I am not sure is something he's ever done in the comics), but the mass hallucination thing a) makes sense given his power set and b) was damned cool.
                            <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

• Some of these sites are under the impression a First Class sequel is happening because Jason Flemyng quipped about a script being written.
                              Originally posted by Ari
                              The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                Correct! In X-2 he freezes an entire room (which I am not sure is something he's ever done in the comics), but the mass hallucination thing a) makes sense given his power set and b) was damned cool.

He's done mass hallucination and something on the lines of the room freeze in the early days. However, it's been mainly written out of the character's power set due to ethical dilemma. Basically, he won't take away free will unless he thinks he has no choice.
                                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Working...
                                X