X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
    HAha. I'd like to think I already am.
    Oh really?
    If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

Yep.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I have a gut feeling that I'm going to end up seeing DMB at Hullabalou. I'm going for 38 Special, Dwight Yoakum and Loretta Lynn.

I'll stay for the response that DMB gets for following them.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Finally downloaded a couple shows from this tour and ohhhh shhiiiiit, I can't wait for next month. New arrangements! new songs! Awesome setlists!

Comment

20 days and counting...

Comment

O SHIT GUYS THEY'RE PLAYING THE LAST STOP THIS YEAR YEESSSSSSSSSS

Comment

Have fun at the show Grave!! Let me know what the set list ends up being!
                If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

Thanks! I just hope I finally get to see #41 in person. I saw a bunch of rarities and must-see songs at my first show ever but 41 has eluded me. I'd really like to see "Lying in the Hands of God" too.

Comment

Skunked on #41 yet again. In fact, the setlist was not that good at all but holy hell did the band play their balls off. So fucking good. I'm still a little hoarse today from all the yelling. And thanks to Warehouse nerds getting in early it was the closest I've ever been to the band. Three people off the rail for most of the show then one person off by last part of the set and the encore. Totally should have made a sign or something equally nerdy. Pics to follow when I'm not totally beat and have time to upload them.

Comment

Setlist (and commentary)

Big Eyed Fish » (YEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS)
                      Bartender (Really great pennywhistle solo and Dave totally belted this one out)
                      Stay or Leave
                      Seven (<3 horn section to death)
                      Crush (not the best version but they've played with the horn part during Tim's solo again and it's excellent)
                      Funny the Way It Is
                      Gravedigger (YEEEESSSSSSSSSS pt. 2)
                      Sweet Up and Down (Holy old. They stopped playing this 10 years ago because they didn't like it. I don't know what changed other than an awesome horn addition.)
                      You & Me
                      Spaceman »
                      Corn Bread (I love this song.)
                      Write a Song (Works really well live. One of my favorite b-sides from the Big Whiskey sessions.)
                      Jimi Thing (Probably the best version I've ever heard. Rashawn and Jeff had a duel that was off the fucking charts. So bad-ass.)
                      Shake Me Like a Monkey (YEEEESSSSS x3)
                      Still Water »
                      Don't Drink the Water (the Still Water intro is so mellow that when Carter and Stefan came in on this it was like getting kicked in the teeth and the chest at the same time.)
                      Stefan solo » (Star Spangled Banner version)
                      All Along the Watchtower (Holy shit, I thought they were going to blow the roof off the place.)

Encore:
                      Some Devil
                      #40 (tease) (Guy front and center had a "40" sign and went apeshit when Dave teased this. It was funny.)
                      Two Step (Oh my God, Carter owns your ass. Oh my God.)

Comment

(The only pic of Dave I got that was completely in focus was of his back when he was dancing around. My wife says it was divine intervention because you can see his underwears.)

Comment

Dave's got the double chin going on, still?
                          We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                          - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Not really, just a poor combination of angle and the shutter going off at the wrong time.

Comment

Oh Dave, how I love thee. The set list wasn't SO bad... I just can't get with a bunch of the new stuff. I'm an old song fan. Out of the list, here are the ones that I would have enjoyed:

Big Eyed Fish
                              Bartender
                              Stay or Leave
                              Crush
                              Funny the Way It Is
                              Gravedigger
                              Sweet Up and Down
                              You & Me
                              Corn Bread
                              Jimi Thing
                              Don't Drink the Water
                              Stefan solo
                              All Along the Watchtower
                              #40 (tease)
                              Two Step

Comment

Oh noes, Dave and Tim dates in Vegas and I think it's the same time as the National Finals Rodeo. I think I might know what we're doing for Christmas this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X