comedians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Titus is great. Bill Burr is awesome.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I didn't know Bill Burr. I do now.

All of Titus's shows are great stuff. That one seemed pretty cathartic for him...
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Louis that fat ginger with the kids and masturbating and lollololol writes

Greetings to the people and parts of people that are reading this. Hi. This
        is Louis. I'm a comedian and you bought a thing from me. Well, I'm writing to
        tell You that there is a new thing you can buy on my website louisck.com. It's
        an audio standup set by not me but another comedian named Tig Notaro. Why am I
        selling someone else's comedy on my website?

Well, Tig is a friend of mine and she is very funny. I love her voice on
        stage. One night I was performing at a club in LA called Largo. Tig was
        there. She was about to go on stage. I hadn't seen Tig in about a year and I
        said how are you? She replied "well I found out today that I have cancer in
        both breasts and that it has likely spread to my lymph nodes. My doctor says it
        looks real bad. ". She wasn't kidding. I said "uh. Jesus. Tig. Well.
        Do you... Have your family... Helping?". She said "well my mom was with me but
        a few weeks ago she fell down, hit her head and she died". She still wasn't
        kidding.

Now, I'm pretty stupid to begin with, and I sure didn't know what to say now. I
        opened my mouth and this came out. "jeez, Tig. I. Really value you.
        Highly.". She said "I value you highly too, Louie.". Then she held up a wad of
        note-paper in her hand and said "I'm gonna talk about all of it on stage now.
        It's probably going to be a mess". I said "wow". And with that, she went on
        stage.

I stood in the wings behind a leg of curtain, about 8 feet from her, and watched
        her tell a stunned audience "hi. I have cancer. Just found out today. I'm
        going to die soon". What followed was one of the greatest standup performances
        I ever saw. I can't really describe it but I was crying and laughing and
        listening like never in my life. Here was this small woman standing alone
        against death and simply reporting where her mind had been and what had happened
        and employing her gorgeously acute standup voice to her own death.

The show was an amazing example of what comedy can be. A way to visit your
        worst fears and laugh at them. Tig took us to a scary place and made us laugh
        there. Not by distracting us from the terror but by looking right at it and
        just turning to us and saying "wow. Right?". She proved that everything is
        funny. And has to be. And she could only do this by giving us her own death as
        an example. So generous.

After her set, I asked Mark Flanagan, the owner of Largo (great club, by the
        way) if he recorded the set. Largo is set up for excellent recordings. He said
        that he did.

A few days later, I wrote Tig and asked her if I could release this set on my
        site. I wanted people to hear what I saw. What we all saw that night. She
        agreed. The show is on sale for the same 5 dollars I charge for my stuff. I'm
        only keeping 1. She gets the other 4. Tig has decided to give some of that to
        cancer research.

Tig, by the way, has since undergone a double mastectomy. She is doing well.
        Her doctors say her chances of survival are excellent. So she went there and
        came back. Her report from the frontlines of life and death are here for you
        to... Enjoy.

Please go to my site louisck.com and buy her show. You can buy it here:

http://buy.louisck.net/purchase/tig-notaro-live

Thank you. Have a terrific afternoon.

Louis C.K.
        She's fucking awesome. Read this stuff. Then listen to that show. It's unbelievable. I laughcried.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Jeez.
          Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
          Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
          POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• I like Bill Burr quite a bit.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I've never seen this. lulz.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iq10bz3PxyY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LM0A9urb8xM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• Met Marc Maron, David Koechner, and Eddie Pepitone tonight at Pepitone's show at the Hollywood Improv. Kinda lit a fire under my ass to get back onstage. Great, great sets from everyone. Pepitone's "Angry Commercial Audition" bit absolutely slayed.
                  "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                  *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Also I do not fucking understand how Whitney Cummings is only two years older than me. She looks like Zelda from Pet Sematary.

I would still totally bang her.
                    "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~

Comment

• So I basically just confessed that I'd bang Zelda from Pet Sematary, ostensibly.

~

Comment

• Originally posted by Shit Dickface View Post
                        So I basically just confessed that I'd bang Zelda from Pet Sematary, ostensibly.

"LOVE... exciting and new..."

Comment

Met Marc Maron, David Koechner, and Eddie Pepitone tonight at Pepitone's show at the Hollywood Improv. Kinda lit a fire under my ass to get back onstage. Great, great sets from everyone. Pepitone's "Angry Commercial Audition" bit absolutely slayed.
                          Eddie has some of the greatest angar rants of all time.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

Met Marc Maron, David Koechner, and Eddie Pepitone tonight at Pepitone's show at the Hollywood Improv. Kinda lit a fire under my ass to get back onstage. Great, great sets from everyone. Pepitone's "Angry Commercial Audition" bit absolutely slayed.
                            Awesome! Weird question: how tall is Maron?
                            Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                            Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                            POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

David Koechner
                              "Don't go chasin' dem'der waterfalls, please stick to the rivers and the lakes that you're used ta"

Comment

• Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                                Awesome! Weird question: how tall is Maron?
                                Just a bit shorter than me, and I'm 5'11". I just expected him to be a lot smaller, I guess.

~

Comment

Working...
                                X