Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rob View Post
    NBK sucks.
    No you did not say that! Great movie, you know how many times I have seen this, my whole teenage life revolved around this movie!
    "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1

Comment

Oh I said it. Oliver Stone was the worst fucking director for that movie. It's all over the place, it's a goddamn mess. I loved the script, but the movie just doesnt' do anything for me.

Now as an impressionable teenage I thought it was "TEH SEX!" But re-watching it now, I'm fucking bored and annoyed. But I love RDJ in it.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
        Oh I said it. Oliver Stone was the worst fucking director for that movie. It's all over the place, it's a goddamn mess. I loved the script, but the movie just doesnt' do anything for me.

Now as an impressionable teenage I thought it was "TEH SEX!" But re-watching it now, I'm fucking bored and annoyed. But I love RDJ in it.
        I thought that the all over the place vibe worked well with the subtext of the script. Er sumpthin'.
        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

It did the first time I saw it. But on subsequent viewings, I wished for a more focused narrative.

There are parts I do enjoy, but it just doesn't gel for me anymore.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

I agree, i thought that movie was so epic as a teen (when it was allowed in my mom's house) now when I watch it...I think meh. It's really no big deal the only thing I find cool about the movie is Jim Morrison's influence on Oliver Stone is huge in this one....
            Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Sorry I didn't have time for this yesterday. Nothing to big this week.

Be Kind Rewind
              Special Features:<O</O
              -Featurette: "Passaic Mosaic," "Behind-the-Scenes," "Conversation with Jack Black and Michael Gondry"
              - Musical Tribute to Fats Waller with Mos Def, Michael Gondry, and Jean Michel-Bernard
              -Jack Black and Mos Def Improvise "Sweded" Theme Songs
              -Complete Fats Waller Biopic short film
              <O</O
              <O

HD Special Features: <O</O
              None

<O</O
              <O
              Fools Gold<O</O
              Same as SD release, all in SD, and all pretty fucking weak. But considering the movie, who gives a shit.

<O</O
              <O
              Men in Black<O
              -2 Commentaries, the first with director Barry Sonnenfeld and star Tommy Lee Jones, and the second with Barry Sonnenfeld, Rick Baker, and ILM members Eric Brevig, John Andrew Berton and Rob Coleman.<O</O
              -Featurette: "Metamorphosis Of MIB(SD, 23 minutes)<O</O
              -Original EPK(SD, 6 minutes)<O</O
              -Deleted/Alternate Scenes(SD, 6 minutes)<O</O
              -Visual Effects Scene Deconstructions(SD)<O</O
              -Scene Editing Workshop(SD)<O</O
              -Still Galleries(SD)<O</O
              -Music Video(SD)<O</O
              -Trailers(HD)
              <O</O
              <O</O

HD Special Features:<O</O
              -Interactive Game<O</O
              -Alien Subtitle Track<O</O
              -BD-Live
              <O</O
              <O</O

Also note: Video and audio have been remastered
              <O</O
              <O</O

So I Married an Axe Murderer<O</O
              -Theatrical Trailers(HD)
              <O</O
              <O</O

HD Special Features:<O</O
              -BD-Live (Trailers for other movies)
              <O</O
              <O</O

Also note: The video is1080p/AVC MPEG-4 encode (1.85:1) while the audio is English Dolby TrueHD 5.1 Surround track (48kHz/16-bit)<O</O
              <O</O
              <O</O
              Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
              John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Also, I have no clue why copying and pasting from a Word document gives me so many problems, but that's why you see the double spacing above.

Comment

I'll have to pick up MIB. That movie is pretty sweet. And I know Lesley will want Fools Gold.

Comment

So I married an axe murder!
                    "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1

Comment

Does not need to be bought on Blu!

haha.

Comment

Yeah, that's what I read. Looks decent, but not Blu necessary.

Comment

Nothing is Blu-necessary when you don't have a player...fuck this thread I don't know why I read it and torture myself.
                          Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Cause you know you want a PS3. You just know it.

Comment

Since this was brought up while playing CoD4 last night, I want to let Nerdious and Rob know that The Adventures of Baron Munchausen has been remastered for Blu-ray, and includes all the bonus content the standard edition had, along with an HD exclusive pip track. Unfortunately, the Criteron laser disc had several special features that the dvds have never picked up.

Comment

That's what I said. EFF YOU NERDIOUS!

Comment

Working...
                                X