Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Documentaries: The epic thread of interesting ones!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I could only think of Todd McFarlane when that sniper was on screen. Too bad he didn't take his shot.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Watched a documentary about the Titan sub mishap on CNN last night, and yeah.... Stockton Rush is certainly in the running for Asshole of the Year. I mean, I get wanting to be innovative and pushing the limits, but not at the expense of safety and science.

Comment

• Almost done with the American Gladiators documentary on Netflix. It's like 5 hours, all less than an hour. It's pure nostalgia, and pretty fun for that.

Comment

• Watched the first ep and dug it. It's on the list to finish at some point.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Full Circle is very cool. Only 2 episodes are up right now, but it went from a standard kidnapping story to....something about revenge and mysticism?

Comment

• RoboDoc may not say much that is new for some out there who are ardent fans of the film, but it has some extremely entertaining recollections from the cast and crew peppered throughout.

Pete Weller is absolutely insane in a way that makes complete sense. Same with Verhoeven. They made such an incredible film--it really paints it in as broad a relief as possible in the doc that the efforts of all involved created something that is everlasting in its potency as a story.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Will have to check that out.

It's not technically a documentary flick, but the doc series The Garden: Commune or Cult on HBO is fucking awesomely weird and dumb.

Comment

• This documentary (also on the main page atm) about Evel Kenevel is fascinating. A huge asshole who could sort of jump some stuff. But that toy was pretty sweet.

Comment

• The Milli Vanilli doc on Showtime was pretty interesting. They truly were a flash in the pan. I remember them as a kid and swore they were around way longer before they got busted. I felt bad for both of them (especially Rob) and Ingrid the "eccentric" German lady was unhinged. I had no idea who to believe by the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                      The Milli Vanilli doc on Showtime was pretty interesting. They truly were a flash in the pan. I remember them as a kid and swore they were around way longer before they got busted. I felt bad for both of them (especially Rob) and Ingrid the "eccentric" German lady was unhinged. I had no idea who to believe by the end.
                      the Behind the Music episode on MV was great too.
                      Originally posted by Martin
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post

the Behind the Music episode on MV was great too.
                        I miss all of those Behind the Music eps and shows that I used to binge while stoned on VH1/MTV back in the day. Will have to hunt that ep down.

Comment

• The Called Him Mostly Harmless - MAX

Went in blind, totally was into this. If you don't have MAX or just want to read about the crazyish story: https://www.wired.com/story/unsettli...armless-hiker/

Comment

• Had a nice double feature that triggered me for reasons I do not yet get but highly recommend both documentaries: The Program and Hell Camp

The Program is so fucked up. Hell Camp is just as fucked up. UTAH is fucked up.

Comment

• THE PROGRAM was scary as hell.
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Yep.

We started yet another fun docuseries "Quiet on the Set". There is one lady on the first ep who is like "My mother worked in the Hollywood legal system for years and forbid me from becoming a child actor...." Cut to the same lady saying "I had no idea my kid was gonna get groomed" after letting her child work in the industry...

It's fucking nuts that any of this shit, much like the previous documentaries, is still allowed to happen or be ignored or whatever. We may still have The Haimster if more people spoke out about this stuff and not The Felddog making everyone doubt it to begin with.

Comment

Working...
                                X