Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Documentaries: The epic thread of interesting ones!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good to hear that it's good. It's been on my list, I just need time to check it out.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• The ex-Marine/Punisher wannabe writing shit in his journal like Rorschach just had me shaking my head. $10 says he kills someone or himself before the series is over. Also some of the interviews kind of foreshadow who got busted and/or murdered since they're not popping up to tell their side of things.

Comment

• That dude is fucking HILARIOUS! "I am a pacifist....that is obsessed with guns and murder!"

Comment

• Welcome to Wrexham.

Had no idea Deadpool and Mac bought a soccer team? This doc looks super good and hopefully as feel good as Ted Lasso. Legit want that to come back as there is no other show that makes me feel happy like that one and I don't give any shits about soccer.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Lesley and I watched that mini 3 ep doc called "I Just Killed My Dad" on Netflix and holy shit most of that was infuriating. The legal system is so jacked but I can't tell if these people are that fucking dense OR if just edited that way. I have a feeling it's a bit of both, but holy shit what a fucked up case and what a FUCKED UP moustache that dad was rocking. Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

Comment

• Finished The Anarchists on HBO. Pretty decent overall, but it builds towards a lot of things that eventually never really happen. I don't think they really had 6 episodes of material, and drug some shit out the entire run that are just a big nothing. Still, it was a good watch and I really want good things for the girl that fled to Mexico to not be locked up for 20 years over weed.

Comment

• Gotta agree - the last two episodes of The Anarchists kind of peter out a bit after the murder in episode 4, but then the whole movement seemed to wither up after that point anyway. Plus, it ends right around the time the pandemic started. I would've liked to have gotten an update card at the end as to what everyone's doing now. Glad Lily found a small measure of happiness.

Comment

• Yeah, a Lily update is the thing that would have REALLY helped the final episode.

Comment

• Just finished the second episode of The Keepers on Netflix. Jesus titty-fucking Christ. How the Catholic Church is still confused over people fleeing in droves baffles me. The sheer volume of abuse in this one school must be a drop in the ocean compared to how many cases there are across the globe. It’s tough to watch, but well done. I’ll stick it out, but I’ll probably have to break up the episodes with rewatches of The Good Place or something. Fuck.
                    Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Watched two this weekend:

Woodstock 99 on Netflix. Pretty good, reinforced a lot of what the HBO documentary laid out. Those organizers are just pure pieces of shit. The HBO one went a bit harder on Lang than this one did, but both promoters come off as clueless and malicious in different ways.

Untold: Rise and Fall of And 1. Loved And 1 mixtapes. Didn't know about how And 1 fell apart in the end, just losing stock price and selling out immediately. They really did most of those dudes dirty in pay, not surprising. There's one part where two guys are being interviewed together and a guy tells a story about how he asked for an extra $15K to send his kid to a good private school after making And 1 millions and was just told 'naw we can't help you" while two dudes made MONEY and everyone else was between $15-100K a year. One dude came off pretty good saying his big regret was considering them endorsed athletes instead of just employees, because employees got stock options. If they had taken that approach then most of those dudes would have walked away with generational wealth from the sell.

Comment

• HBO announced the second season of The Vow hits October 16. Can't wait, as the first season with Keith Rainere and the NXIVM cult was fascinating and tough to watch. Going to be interesting where he, Allison Mack and the others are right now and how much fallout is still being sorted through once the whole cult collapsed.

Comment

• Oh HELL yeah The Vow was great.

Comment

• It was SO good. And pretty horrifying at times - Raniere deserves all the shit thrown at him, as do those that enabled him.

Comment

• I'll have to add that to my list. Never watched The Vow. I'm curious if any of you have checked out those 3 eps of "I Just Killed My Dad" on Netflix?

Comment

• A documentary on what should have been a goddamn slam dunk of George Romero's script for Resident Evil.

Still one of my favorite unfilmed horror scripts even with the deviations from the source material. It was the best of the games with his sensibilities. It's been years since I've read it, but I remember thinking how much of a bummer it was that the only RE thing he got to do was the Biohazard 2 commercials in Japan. Oh young Brad Renfro. RIP.

Comment

Working...
                                X