Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Documentaries: The epic thread of interesting ones!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That new doc on Tiger Woods started last night on HBO. Part 1 of 2. Really, really good. Part 1 was essentially all about his rise to glory...Part 2 looks like the downfall.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I need to check that out. Sucker for a good sports doc.

Comment

• Started watching Icarus. Very interesting but the slickness of it makes me question its depiction of the truth.
        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• part 2 of that Tiger Woods doc was just as good as part 1. Great stuff. Pretty sure it's all on HBO Max now if you want to watch it.
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• This looks like something I'll enjoy yelling at my tv while watching.

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Night Stalker on Netflix about...the Night Stalker. Dude was fucking scary.

Comment

• This is a Robbery on Netflix. It was ok. I was not quite 10 at the time, so I don’t remember hearing about the theft, so it was interesting learn about. But it played out a little like a 4 episode Unsolved Mysteries arc.
                Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Our Towns on HBO Max.

Interesting look at cities/towns kind of ignored by major media outlets that went through an economic collapse and how they are trying to, or have, rebounded. Some interesting stories, and really cool programs in some places. if you're interested in infrastructure and dull shit like that as I am I think you'll like it.

Comment

• Q:Into the Storm on HBO. Great little doc about the stupidity of millions of people and their weaboo leader.

the central conceit is why I get so mad about Ceej even joking about flat earth shit. People are too fucking dumb to realize shit is a joke and run with it. The whole "Q" movement was a joke played by some bored assholes that got sad assholes riled up and even sadder assholes rich.

I prefer my conspiracies to be about aliens, bigfoot, and cryptozoology. Those never hurt anyone or made anyone stupider.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I miss fun conspiracies. We watched a couple episodes of it, and it just made me so fucking mad I had to stop.

Comment

• Same, Bill. I honestly tried, to get through it, and I wanted to murder the world before finishing.

Comment

• Sasquatch on Hulu. If any of you have ever seen the classic 90's movie Homegrown then you know what this is about. Like, it's crazy how close this documentary was to the silly story in Homegrown. The main guy was pretty interesting.

Comment

• The Orange Years. Seeing as I was a total Nickelodeon kid, this doc was a nostalgia bomb. Covers the golden age in the 80s/90s with some pretty great interviews.

Marc Summers should totally play Jeffrey Epstein in a movie at some point.

Comment

• Console Wars on Paramount +. I loved the book and am a sucker for video game documentaries and if you never read the book then it'd be pretty informative but they cut a bunch out and glossed over a bunch which was a shame. Still interesting but I wanted more.

Comment

• Where is Orange Years playing?

Comment

Working...
                                X