Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and if I was in control of a billion dollar robot, I would like to think I'd read up on the systems in said billion dollar robot so I could effectively use it.

I hate that I don't like this movie.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Sometimes I hate that you let stupid shit get in the way of enjoying stupid shit.

And hate is not a word I use very often.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Oh I know. This was just one of those movies where it was too fucking long, the humans were fucking stupid, and the script was just lacking.

I let the hype get to me. I still prefer Transformers over this. Easily. And it's because of Shia. Yep. I said it. He has more charisma than Jax or Idris or Ron combined in this movie in my opinion. Charlie Day was the only human in this flick that had anything going for him. That all being said, I'd be down for a sequel if they can create some characters I'd give a shit about.

I wanted more from the other countries pilots and less of Jax because he was terrible in this.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Charlie Hunnam isn't lead material on TV or film.

But, Pacific Rim is a good movie. If you prefer your robots talking and taking a piss on John Turturro...that's fine.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Charlie is fine on Sons. It's everything else that he's just lacking as he just plays Jax in everything.

I'll totally give Rim another chance, I just remember being really let down after my viewing in the theater. I love the idea I just didn't like the execution.

And Tuturro getting pissed on is always a bonus.

Comment

• Some of us prefer our robots under the directorship of Stuart "Stuart Gordon" Gordon. Or fighting terrorists in Japan as part of a very fancy police force.

A Patlabor reference... I don't feel like I've been away from the forums so long now.
              "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
                Some of us prefer our robots under the directorship of Stuart "Stuart Gordon" Gordon. Or fighting terrorists in Japan as part of a very fancy police force.

A Patlabor reference... I don't feel like I've been away from the forums so long now.

The one time I got to meet Stuart Gordon, I asked him a Robot Jox question and he looked stunned that anyone remembered that movie.
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                  The one time I got to meet Stuart Gordon, I asked him a Robot Jox question and he looked stunned that anyone remembered that movie.
                  Fair play, mate! If you don't mind me asking, what was your question?

It's a shame to hear that was his reaction. For a film that takes its share of abuse, it's surprisingly durable even after multiple viewings.
                  "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Detention
                    I finally finished this on, I think, the fourth attempt. It earns the second star because, although it didn't work for me, there was clearly an enormous amount of passion underneath all the messiness. I don't care if it's deliberately frenzied or not, I want a little sense that it's all going somewhere worthwhile, not just a series of technically lush but emotionally hollow references/pastiches.

Comment

Fair play, mate! If you don't mind me asking, what was your question?

It's a shame to hear that was his reaction. For a film that takes its share of abuse, it's surprisingly durable even after multiple viewings.
                      I just told him it was the first film of his that I saw.

Comment

Detention
                        I finally finished this on, I think, the fourth attempt. It earns the second star because, although it didn't work for me, there was clearly an enormous amount of passion underneath all the messiness. I don't care if it's deliberately frenzied or not, I want a little sense that it's all going somewhere worthwhile, not just a series of technically lush but emotionally hollow references/pastiches.
                        I still really liked it. I was sold after 10 minutes and it managed to keep surprising and entertaining me. I think I'm just surprised that it actually got made starring the usually bland Hutcherson - and exec produced by him, I believe - and came out as fun as it is.
                        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                          Oh I know. This was just one of those movies where it was too fucking long, the humans were fucking stupid, and the script was just lacking.

I let the hype get to me. I still prefer Transformers over this. Easily. And it's because of Shia. Yep. I said it. He has more charisma than Jax or Idris or Ron combined in this movie in my opinion. Charlie Day was the only human in this flick that had anything going for him. That all being said, I'd be down for a sequel if they can create some characters I'd give a shit about.

I wanted more from the other countries pilots and less of Jax because he was terrible in this.
                          Shia over Idris?

One word.

Edit: FUCK YOU EMBED
                          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• THE BIG SLEEP:

Excellent film noir with Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall. It has 50% more plot than it needs, but that's OK: the acting is great, the dialog crackles, and the film moves with a smooth assurance to its very satisfying ending. Glad I finally got to see this.

RULES OF THE GAME:

Another excellent classic, this time involving pre WW2 French aristocrats trying to do their own thing while being oblivious to the real world outside. Wives, mistresses, affairs...everything comes to a head at a Chateau where several guests are having a party. Very fun, charming film. Again, it moved very quickly towards the only ending it really could have had.
                            Originally posted by Martin
                            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                            Originally posted by gravedigger
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                              Shia over Idris?

One word.

Edit: FUCK YOU EMBED
                              Idris in Pacific Rim was a snoozefest. He didn't bring jack shit to the table and was completely wasted. So yes, Shia over Idris in this case.

Comment

• Everybody that acted in PR was a snoozefest. As much as I hate the TF films and dislike Shia in general, I've gotta give it up that Shia delivered 'the goods' more than Idris did.
                                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                                Originally posted by gravedigger
                                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                                X