Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the original really worth checking out then? I'm on a horror binge of late, so if it's genuinely good, I'd like to track it down.
    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Detention

Holyshitballs, that was unexpectedly awesome. A wittily retarded mix of Scream, Heathers, Scott Pilgrim, Freaky Friday, Mean Girls and Donnie Darko, heavily referencing Road House and Back to the Future and all blended with Red Bull. Such good fun.

Only missed opportunities: Dane Cook was lame - someone like Paul Rudd would have owned that character; I wanted end credits that freeze framed each character with their actor's name. It's that sort of film.
      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
        Is the original really worth checking out then? I'm on a horror binge of late, so if it's genuinely good, I'd like to track it down.

Lustig is a hard horror taste to enjoy. If anything, I found the remake to be far more open to newcomers.

Maniac (1980) is worth checking out, but the general reception to it is split 50/50.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Do yall know of a site that has a watch list built in? I keep forgetting about movies I need to see and would like to make a checklist of shit.

Comment

• I think IMDB has some sort of list-generator you might be able to utilize to such an extent.

I'm no doctor though.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
              Do yall know of a site that has a watch list built in? I keep forgetting about movies I need to see and would like to make a checklist of shit.
              Check out my IMDb lists in my signature area.

Comment

• Seed of Chucky

Good fun, if not quite as great as Bride of Chucky. I'm intrigued to see what the latest is like now - Mancini has said that it's a much more straightforward horror film, almost a reboot, as they'd done all the meta stuff between the previous two. Seed had exactly the end credits I wanted Detention to have.

Comment

• Grabbers

Really good fun, Irish monster movie. Basically, some kraken-y type aliens wash up on a tiny Irish island and, after a few of the locals have been attacked, it becomes obvious that the grabbers - so called, cos they fire out long tongues that grab and suck at your blood - are allergic to booze. So the second half of the film is the whole town getting wasted to stay alive. The effects are surprisingly decent on the budget and used sparingly to good effect. The whole thing's just really charming and enjoyable, more gigglesome than hilarious, but the leads are solid and I'd say if you want to see The Thing take place in the world of The Guard, this is your film.

Comment

• That sounds like fun.

As for the Original Maniac, I loved it because it had great gore more than anything else. A disturbing little film, but it's been so long since I've seen it, I recall so little of the plot or acting that I can't comment on those aspects. But if you want to see some great kills, go for it.
                    I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Machete Kills

If you dug Grindhouse and Machete, this is more of the same, except Rodriguez was channeling his inner Corman more on this flick. Trejo goes from one crazy ass event to another, almost like watching a season's worth of cartoons, yet everyone looks like they're having fun with it. Shit, Mel Gibson was almost likable as the big bad, so way to go Rodriguez on that score (seriously - Gibson starts channeling Raul Julia as the film goes on).

There's enough nerd wankery on screen for fans of the two biggest sci-fi franchises that the eventual sequel (and it better come soon - Trejo's looking a bit tired in this) is gonna get some spunk in the seats. Watch where you sit.

It has flaws here and there, some of the CGI needed more work, but fuck it. This is a fun-ass live-action cartoon you watch before you watch something with substance. Don't over analyze it, don't read too much into it. Get your buddies together, grab some popcorn and some suds, watch the flick and enjoy.

Comment

• You had me at Raul Julia.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• The outfit he sports in the last brouhaha, the scenery he chews throughout... all he needed was Bison's hat.

Spoiler: SPURLUR! 
                          He does go the Dr. Doom route, though. The eventual sequel (which is promoted as soon as the film starts, and again with the cliffhanger ending) looks to be a hoot.

Oh, and the womens in this flick... I could take or leave Lady Gaga (Madonna did Gaga's career first, folks), but I must admit she looked damn fetching in this. Michele Rodriguez always gave me the vapors, Sofia Vegara was only teh hotness and aggressive as fuck. Even had the Crazy Babysitter Twins, too.

Again, not gonna win any awards for story, plot, direction, etc. Troy and Jamie could easily rip it to shreds if they were of a mind to, but this is basically Spy Kids for adults. Treat it as such, and you'll be fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                            The outfit he sports in the last brouhaha, the scenery he chews throughout... all he needed was Bison's hat.

Spoiler: SPURLUR! 
                            He does go the Dr. Doom route, though. The eventual sequel (which is promoted as soon as the film starts, and again with the cliffhanger ending) looks to be a hoot.

Oh, and the womens in this flick... I could take or leave Lady Gaga (Madonna did Gaga's career first, folks), but I must admit she looked damn fetching in this. Michele Rodriguez always gave me the vapors, Sofia Vegara was only teh hotness and aggressive as fuck. Even had the Crazy Babysitter Twins, too.

Again, not gonna win any awards for story, plot, direction, etc. Troy and Jamie could easily rip it to shreds if they were of a mind to, but this is basically Spy Kids for adults. Treat it as such, and you'll be fine.

I'm the one who like's Rodriguez's stuff like this. Jamie is the one who hates empowering Latino cinema.

He also rapes puppies.
                            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• FilmtrollpuppyraperJamie
                              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Now, now, Jamie's good peeps. Dude even friended me on FB playing Avenger's Alliance. I owe many Shwarmas and SHIELD points to the man.

Jeepers Creepers 2

Caught this around 5 AM this morning. A formulaic Ten Little Indians kind of follow-up to the far more interesting original. Some decent kills, nice bit of tension, but wasn't too sorry to see some characters go (majority were meathead jocks akin to some I went to high school with, so my inner teen was engorged with a fair amount of glee at some dispatchings). Still trying to figure out why Ms. Blonde Girl just happened to have prophetic dreams about the Creeper and his feeding schedule, but chalked it up to writing hackery 101.

Good to kill some time with, not a keeper, despite my man crush on Ray Wise.

Comment

Working...
                                X