Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
    Dusted off my copy of the Elite DVD for Re-Animator last night. Movie doesn't hold up.

I really have to be in a mood for it. But, From Beyond smokes it out of the water.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Re-Animator and From Beyond both hold up insanely well, warts and all.
      "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Been a long damn time since I watched either. Must give 'em a spin soon.

Went old school recently, watched The Great Escape. Terrific film, though it played a bit fast and loose with the actual event (looks at Steve McQueen). You got McQueen in the role that made him a star, James Garner, a young Charles Bronson, Donald Pleasance, David McCallum, Richard Attenborough, etc. just knocking it out of the park. The whole sequence of events leading up to and after the escape and the repercussions, are exhilirating, thrilling and heartbreaking. Great period piece, and a must watch.

Comment

• Classic sunday afternoon film. A few cups of tea, maybe a pack of custard creams and The Great Escape. That's a good end to any week.

Speaking of classics, I felt compelled to watch Shawshank again after Empire's look back at the film adaptations of Different Seasons. Fuck any haters, backlashers, anyone that doesn't think this deseerves its place among the all-time greats. I aspire to write something half as well-written and well-constructed as Darabont did here. And the cast is faultless. I don't normally like Tim Robbins, but Darabont used him perfectly, playing up every bit of childlike innocence and mystery that he has when required (the scene when Andy puts Mozart on might be the best acting he's ever done). A glorious film and one that never fails to grip, entertain and move me.
          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Brooks was here
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Total agreement, Ben. Love Shawshank, and it's quickly become one of the few flicks I can't bypass while channel surfing. If it's on, and I see it passing through, I'm watching it.

Comment

• Agreed with Ben as well, Tim. That was a really cool King feature in Empire. The part where Freeman recalled how petulant Darabont was during filming was particularly enjoyable. I can just imagine him being a real wee terrier, telling everyone in as many words that it's his film and it's going to be made his way. Although I also liked that he took the advice about the ending by the time post-production rolled around. Sensible boy.

And kudos on the custard creams recommendation, Ben. That's bound to be the first mention they've ever had on these fair boards.
                "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• I don't think I've seen that film more than once.

It just didn't seem to resonate with me like everyone else on this planet.

I'll have to give it a second glance one day.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• That's because you're dead inside.
                    We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                    - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• That may very well be.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• It's better than Transformers.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• That's like saying 8 1/2 is better than Garbage Pail Kids.

(Which I can't come to agree with, having never seen Garbage Pail Kids sober. I'm all about fair and balanced assessments.)
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I was joking. haha

GPK is GREATLY BAD

Comment

• I know. I just had to confess to not experiencing it in a setting where my critical faculties were not functioning at all.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• 'Beauty and the Beast' (1991). What can I say, we're on a Disney kick after spending a week down in Orlando.

Wonderful, and still completely worthy of all of the accolades that it has earned over the years. I still prefer the songs in 'the Little Mermaid' ('Kiss the Girl' and 'Under the Sea' simply cannot be topped) but the film itself is flawless. Gorgeous animation, strong voice acting, and a perfectly told story.
                                Originally posted by Martin
                                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                                Originally posted by gravedigger
                                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                                Originally posted by Martin
                                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                                X