Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The moment has passed, but I kept thinking to myself earlier "I must remember to post this in the I Just Watched Thread" so...

Reservoir Dogs.

It may have been this morning, but I'm still thinking about it now. Roth's accent never really distracted me before, but I kept thinking about it today. I still love the performance and movie as a whole, just found it odd that this finally occurred to me after so many viewings.

Speaking of, I feel like a bit of an eejit for never noticing the bystanders in the background trying to get a look at what's going on when Blonde drags Orange away from Brown's crashed car before. Must just have been watching those two the whole time.
    "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Must echo the love for Rounders. "In the Poker game of life, women are the rake, the fucking rake."

Women in Trouble, not horrible, I laughed and it has nice eye candy. Saw The Nines as well, didn't know what to expect and it was interesting.
      "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by ben thomas View Post
        I feel so unsyateesfyeed.
        I fucking LOVE Malkovich in Rounders. SOOO awesome.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
          Reservoir Dogs.

It may have been this morning, but I'm still thinking about it now. Roth's accent never really distracted me before, but I kept thinking about it today. I still love the performance and movie as a whole, just found it odd that this finally occurred to me after so many viewings.

Speaking of, I feel like a bit of an eejit for never noticing the bystanders in the background trying to get a look at what's going on when Blonde drags Orange away from Brown's crashed car before. Must just have been watching those two the whole time.
          1. Bobby, between "Reservoir Dogs" and "Sixteen Candles", I'm beginning to think you're the kid I forgot I gave birth to!
          2. Actually, it's White dragging Orange away from Brown's car.
          3. This is the movie that introduced me to and made me fall totally in love with Tim Roth. And you know, I found his accent perfect - since I'd never seen him before, I had no idea he wasn't actually American! I was shocked when I found out he was British. What is it that you found distracting about it?
          2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Just got done watching Black Dynamite. Loved every second of it! Definitely nailed the 70s blaxploitation vibe, and funny as hell. Michael Jai White needs more work, absolutely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
              Just got done watching Black Dynamite. Loved every second of it! Definitely nailed the 70s blaxploitation vibe, and funny as hell. Michael Jai White needs more work, absolutely.
              So happy to hear that. Been looking forward to that one.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by LisaNY View Post
                1. Bobby, between "Reservoir Dogs" and "Sixteen Candles", I'm beginning to think you're the kid I forgot I gave birth to!
                2. Actually, it's White dragging Orange away from Brown's car.
                3. This is the movie that introduced me to and made me fall totally in love with Tim Roth. And you know, I found his accent perfect - since I'd never seen him before, I had no idea he wasn't actually American! I was shocked when I found out he was British. What is it that you found distracting about it?
                1. Awesome. I think of you as the sister I never had and always wanted.
                2. Indeed, it is! I'm a knob; Freudian slip.
                3. For the most part, I don't find his accent that distracting. There are moments, though (the "commode story" sequence, in particular) where it flags up to me because it reminds me of my own foray into American accents during my "acting" days. It's a hard thing to explain, but basically he made some of the same mistakes I did, like leaning in to certain words or syllable sounds a little too much. "These caaps are lookin' at me" was the one that really grabbed me. He sells it through the performance as a whole and it's definitely not a problem, but now I can really appreciate the strength of someone like Cillian Murphy's American accent work. I first saw him in Red Eye and was very surprised to learn he's Irish.

Today,

Say Anything...

Another movie that just keeps getting better. Liberal use of the Replacements' "Within Your Reach" and John Cusack kick-boxing never hurt a film.
                Last edited by Bobby Bear; 03-27-2010, 04:24 PM.
                "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• 'Say Anything' is a great, GREAT movie.
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Love, love, love Say Anything. Easily one of Cusack's best films, and a lot of good emotional gut punches here and there. I had a girlfriend at the time who loved the movie, and will always consider "For Your Eyes" her song, so the movie gets bonus points for that. Great choice, Bob!

Comment

• Indeed, love Say Anything. Before Hot Tub Time Machine the Alamo Drafthouse played trailers from 80s films, and Say Anything was one of them. Horrible, horrible trailer.

Comment

• ACK! Meant to type "In Your Eyes"! I suck! Peter Gabriel, forgive me!

Comment

• man now I wanna watch Say Anything and it's not on Instant anymore

but ONE CRAZY SUMMER IS!!!!!
                          "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                          *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• GRAN TORINO- Holy shit, this is awesome. I think I might use this as my go-to movie to shove in the face of anyone who says "Haggis CRASH is a good movie about racism." I mean, I usually just punch the person in the face by the time they get to "good" but this will be handy for days when I'm tired.

Comment

• I have been smoking puff, eating cold leftover octopus, and watching Godzilla movies all day on Netflix Instant...

Pretty good for a Sunday!

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
                                I have been smoking puff, eating cold leftover octopus, and watching Godzilla movies all day on Netflix Instant...

Pretty good for a Sunday!
                                Mongol General: Hao! Dai ye! We won again! This is good, but what is best in life?
                                Mongol: The open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist, and the wind in your hair.
                                Mongol General: WRONG! V! What is best in life?
                                V: Smoking puff, eating cold leftover octopus, and watching Godzilla movies all day on Netflix Instant...
                                Mongol General: That is good!

Comment

Working...
                                X