Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Bruges will get you laid. Just another plus to it's already excellent pedigree.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mugatu View Post
      Both of these movies are flawed though. Vice more than Collateral, whose ending sucked a bit, but it's Mann. Beside Heat, all his movies are flawed, but Mann manage to make their strengths overpower them. It's quite magical to watch.

And I expected Miami Vice to suck, and it didn't.
      Post-Collateral, I think that the experiment of utilizing a digital cam package was lauded too much and the old fella took it to heart, to the detriment of Pub Enemas.

Collateral was still a very good film, though Vince would have killed the shit out of everyone if there were any standards to that finale.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I'm not even remotely interested in Pubic Enemas. Despite Depp, Mann and Bale.
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Not good.

Had so much riding on it, and collapsed under post-Vice abstraction and understatement.

And sadly, the photography was a bit shit.

MANN I AM DISAPPOINT.
          Last edited by Captain Russ; 02-26-2010, 09:40 AM.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• You must spread some rep...blah blah blah.
            The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hansel View Post
              Really? You didn't think that scene was important? To me it seemed like they needed to tie up a loose end and did it in a way that made absolutely no fucking sense.
              It doesn't pull me out of the movie. To me, it just personifies of how broken Hanna's marraige is, it doesn't even seem that the attempted suicide will keep him together with his wife. At that point, you can see that she understands who he is and what he does.

Also, I wish Mann stopped with mumblecore digital. It is a huge distraction.
              "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Which is fine, but the way they decided to hammer that point home MADE NO SENSE. Now if he had stopped home to grab something and found her there, then sure.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• He wouldn't stop at home after he figured out his wife was banging Xander Berkley. It was over after he took his tv.

The suicide was an attempt at attention. And it shows for a guy like Hanna, much like McCauly(sp?) cannot have connections to anything to be what they are.

I still wish they hadn't killed Bosko, man had so much to live for.

Comment

• And I get that. What I don't understand is how she fucking found out where he was staying and how she got into the hotel room. I mean I know I shouldn't care, but honestly, it makes no fucking sense. I wish there was just one line of dialogue that mentions how she was there. That's it.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• *shrug*

I'll give a pass on this one.

He probably left his contact information with the station. She probably called to find out where he is.

Comment

• Or they do the separation thing once every few months to spice the make-up sex up.

She gets off on his TV theft (and ultimately destruction of said TV), he gets off on Xander Berkeley banging his wife.

Unfortunately, this time Portman just had to do dumb shit because her pops is an absentee landlord (WORSHIT HATS? NEVER).
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Bullshit on that, You know Hanna does not waste his motherfuckin time, GREAT ASS or not.

I love how the original concept of Hanna was a hard driving cop with a huge cocaine problem. Which explains the behavior in the film.

Comment

• I just always figured there was a scene cut that explains the Portman suicide a bit better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                              I love how the original concept of Hanna was a hard driving cop with a huge cocaine problem. Which excuses the ACTING!!! in the film.
                              Fixed.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• You're probably right.

In terms of great cop outbursts in Michael Mann films. I still love Will Graham's.

Comment

Working...
                                X