Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it any weirder than Quest for Fire?
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
      BULLSHIT. He was absolutely stunning as Tarzan.

Regarding Queen: 'Highlander' was directed by Russell Mulcahy, a guy who cut his teeth doing music videos for bands like Duran Duran and Queen. Because of his friendship with Queen, he asked them to contribute a song to the film. The band saw a rough cut of the film, loved it, and offered to make a whole soundtrack for it.
      WHO WAAAAAAAANTS TO LIVE FOREVAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I love you, Mulcahy. Even if you did direct Resident Evil: the one with the exploding birds.

And didn't he reteam with Lambert a few more times after the Highlander? I seem to remember they did a SeSevenven knock-off a while ago.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I saw Russell Mulcahy, he means well. But I don't think the guy ever did anything good. Except for that total eclipse of the heart video. Still, none of us will have the career he had.

'Cept Ben Thomas

Comment

Watch it. 'Greystoke: The Legend of Tarzan' is a really, REALLY good movie. I'd even rank it as the definitive Tarzan film, above the Johnny Wiesmuller ones (which are VERY good, for the most part).
          It's got Ralph FUCKING Richardson in it. Holy shit, I must see this film.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Mulcahy gets a pass from me for 'The Shadow'. God help me, I love that flawed film.
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• If they were remaking Highlander, for gods sake get a Scotsman to play the Scot and a Spaniard to play Ramirez.
              I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russ View Post
                It's got Ralph FUCKING Richardson in it. Holy shit, I must see this film.
                It's also got a dubbed over (but GORGEOUS) Andie McDowell in it as Jane.
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by ben thomas View Post
                  If they were remaking Highlander, for gods sake get a Scotsman to play the Scot and a Spaniard to play Ramirez.
                  He's not Spanish, he's Egyptian. Get it right, DAMMIT!!!!!

Still think that Gerard Butler would be an awesome Connor McCleod.

Comment

If they were remaking Highlander, for gods sake get a Scotsman to play the Scot and a Spaniard to play Ramirez.
                    Kevin McKidd and Javier Bardem...

...will never sign up for this.

But I just fancasted the dick out of it.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Mulcahy did an inferior remake of 'On The Beach' a while back... but Armand Assante nudged it to slightly above mediocre for me.

Oh... the ultimate Lambert (as well as Ice-T) movie is 'Mean Guns'. Not for the plot... but for the generous use of Perez Prado in the soundtrack.

EDIT: No more fancasting of 'Highlander'. Russ nailed it, so you'll all just fail. Stop. Stop right now. Don't do it.

Oh... and rep him, 'cause I can't.

Comment

He's not Spanish, he's Egyptian. Get it right, DAMMIT!!!!!
                        Like you could tell if he even was!

Comment

• Yeah, I was thinking of Bardem, but that's obvious I guess.

Wait, Egyptian?! Really?
                          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Matt's right, Ramirez states he was born 2600 years and change prior to meeting Connor. Ramirez also banged a Samurai's daughter and got a sword out of it.

Comment

• If you are going the Spanish (not Egyptian) route, then yeah...Javier Bardem would be a good choice. But you know who I'd rather give it to?

Antonio Banderas.

Think about it.
                              - He's older, so he'd have the 'mentor' feel about him more than Javier would.
                              - He's got charm. He'd be able to do bring out the Connery-Ramirezisms with relative ease.
                              - He looks like a womanizer. THAT was part of Connery's charm in the film...I pictured him banging women left and right for centuries.

eta: Vin's mention of Armand Assante would be intriguing for Ramirez as well...

Comment

Wait, Egyptian?! Really?
                                The eyeliner was a dead giveaway.

And Banderas would be a good one as well. I was just planning for the sqweakquel with Michael Ironside reprising his role as Katana.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X