Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the drug binge scene is where I finally started laughing. Amy Poehler on dat HERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRON is like a dream. Her character is Lesley Knope if Lesley Knope was a fucking fascist bitch.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
      I think the drug binge scene is where I finally started laughing. Amy Poehler on dat HERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRON is like a dream. Her character is Lesley Knope if Lesley Knope was a fucking fascist bitch.

I still love Paul Rudd throwing kids out of the van, while it's moving.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• BLACK SWAN- Aronofsky is great at making really good movies I want to watch once and never again. I guess I'd watch THE FOUNTAIN again if I felt the need to cry continuously for two hours. Anyway, the first half of this I was like "eh, Portman's alright but why the Oscar?" then the second half kicked in. Wow.

THE WILD AND WONDERFUL WHITES OF WEST VIRGINIA- What the fuck.

Comment

• I feel terrible that I'm still sitting on my Wild and Wonderful Whites review. It got too surreal for me.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Lesley and I dug the fuck outta that flick.

We just watched 'Megamind'. Eh. Not horrible, not great. Decent idea, but 'The Incredibles' did it better.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Tron: Legacy

Talk about a movie that did not need to be made. However, the production design and CGI are a wetdream for art nerds. Michael Sheen as Castor, I tolerated him when he was called the Merovingian in The Matrix. Garret Hedland is the poor man's Jensen Ackles and Oliver Wilde while looking nice is not hot.

Again, the highlight is the soundtrack and that needs to be in another movie.
              "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                Tron: Legacy

Talk about a movie that did not need to be made. However, the production design and CGI are a wetdream for art nerds. Michael Sheen as Castor, I tolerated him when he was called the Merovingian in The Matrix. Garret Hedland is the poor man's Jensen Ackles and Oliver Wilde while looking nice is not hot.

Again, the highlight is the soundtrack and that needs to be in another movie.
                Who is this Oliver Wilde?
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• *Olivia Wilde

Either way, it's pure eye candy with a plot that doesn't make any sense and not worth trying to figure out.

Comment

• Oscar's immortal post-op brother.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Man what. Michael Sheen was awesome in TRON LEGACY.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                        Man what. Michael Sheen was awesome in TRON LEGACY.
                        But his character made absolutely ZERO sense. It's one thing to buy into the fact that programs would be avatars that look like their users. It's another thing to buy that a program would have that much 'character' to it. When every other program is fairly straightforward and bland...THIS is my function, THIS is my program, THIS is what I was created to do...having a Liberace-inspired flamboyant NIGHT CLUB owner just seems waaaaaaaaaaaay out of place.
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• In combat, you throw a disc with your digisoul on it.

None of it makes sense.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• But a film only works if it follows SOME sort of inner logic. Sheen's character defies the very, very thin patina of THIS IS THE COMPUTER WORLD OF TRON logic and totally throws the film off of the rails. At least, it does for me.

It's still a very good looking film, and the first 45 minutes or so is kinda fun.
                            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                            Originally posted by gravedigger
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• If anyone wants to send me the reconfigured soundtrack I would be cool with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                                Man what. Michael Sheen was awesome in TRON LEGACY.
                                If I want someone aping Ziggy Stardust, I'll get Ziggy Stardust circa 1972.

Matt's right, his character WAS way out of place. Not as if the plot matters, I basically forgot it as soon as it was over.

Comment

Working...
                                X