Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best picture doesn't bother me as so much you can't say this was better directed than The Social Network.

Hell, David O. Russell did a better job than the guy who won. But because Russell is such a pain in the ass to work with, there's no way he would have won.
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Sorry, but 'The Social Network' was good but wasn't the BP of the year. It was very well done with a smart script, excellent acting, and solid direction, but it was also cold and uninvolving. It simply didn't engage me as an active participant. I didn't care about anything or anyone in the film. I know that need to see it again, but I'm really not in the mood for it.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• My favorite part of Social is the fact that it's one dude playing the Winklevoss twins. Best effect of the movie IMO.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
          My favorite part of Social is the fact that it's one dude playing the Winklevoss twins. Best effect of the movie IMO.
          Agreed. He also did a hell of a job playing the twins with subtly different personalities. It was a fantastic achievement in flawless special effects and superb acting.
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• No zombies. No subtitles.

Fail.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
              Agreed. He also did a hell of a job playing the twins with subtly different personalities. It was a fantastic achievement in flawless special effects and superb acting.
              I was fucking amazed when I found out it was one guy. Like you said, it was like watching two people interact.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
                I was fucking amazed when I found out it was one guy. Like you said, it was like watching two people interact.
                It reminded me of the work that Jeremy Irons did in 'Dead Ringers'. I maintain to this day that THAT is one of the single best instances of perfect acting in the history of cinema. He should have won an Oscar for that work, and it's a credit to Irons that he made a point of thanking Cronenberg when he won the Oscar for 'Reversal of Fortune'.

Comment

It reminded me of the work that Jeremy Irons did in 'Dead Ringers'. I maintain to this day that THAT is one of the single best instances of perfect acting in the history of cinema. He should have won an Oscar for that work, and it's a credit to Irons that he made a point of thanking Cronenberg when he won the Oscar for 'Reversal of Fortune'.
                  That was an excellent performance by Irons. I'm not sure where I'd rate the movie overall (it did have a wonderful score, if I remember correctly), but Irons was first rate.
                  Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• I love The King's Speech as much as the next man, but there's no way Fincher didn't deserve Best Director over Hooper.
                    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Buried.

Very strong. The 2 questions you ask this film to answer are a) can Ryan Reynolds keep me interested for 90 minutes and b) can the filmmakers create sustained tension within the confines without cheating.

The answer is just about, yes. Reynolds is very, very good, but this stops short of career-defining. That part is surely just around the corner though. And Rodrigo Cortes milks every inch of the coffin for tension. While it wavers somewhat in the middle 3rd, the finale 10 - 15 minutes are genuinely breathless and it goes further than you think the film might have the balls, in my opinion.

I never saw 127 Hours, but this feels like a companion piece, and I'll be interested to see how the 2 films fare in terms of using their physical constraints to their advantage.

Highly recommended, anyway. Its an well above average b-movie and a fascinating watch from a scripting and structure standpoint. And Reynolds really is excellent. De Palma would be proud.
                      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• I'm claustrophobic so there's absolutely ZERO chance that I'll be watching 'Buried'. That being said, I've heard it's excellent and that it really expands upon Ryan's range as an actor.

Comment

it really expands upon Ryan's range as an actor.

Comment

• Soul Kitchen by the great Fathi Akin.

Such a shame that the works one of the most talented German directors likely will not be seen by a wider audience let alone an English speaking. I donĀ“t know if you could hunt it down - if so get at it stat! Shilling over and out.

Comment

• Just watched Eyes Without a Face. Creepy horrorish French film from the 60s. I swear, it has the most nightmarish mask that I have ever seen in cinema. I read that the mask from this film is where Carpenter got his idea for the Mike Meyers mask.

Also watched a fantastic little film called The Man from Earth about a professor who is leaving town after 10 years. All his professor buddies through him a little going away party when he decides to tell him why he's leaving; he's a 14,000 year old cave man.

It's only 87 minutes long and it all takes place in one location, but I can't recommend it highly enough. Really good shit.
                              Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                              John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Phil Hartman?

Comment

Working...
                                X