Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep, ItMoM is one of my favorite horror flicks ever. Still one of the few horror flicks that leaves me with a sense of dread once the credits hit.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• They've got all of the Twlight Zone episodes on Insta-view

Twilight Zone - "Steel"

This episode features Lee Marvin trying to impersonate a robot during a boxing match and gets his ass kicked. The End.

Written by Richard Matheson, no less.
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• That's a great episode, Ed. Indeed, I was wondering if that 'Real Steel' film would rip it off, but it sounds like it's going down a different path.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Lee Marvin's great, I just didn't think they would actually do that. Being the Twilight Zone and all, you'd think Marvin wins and then has to take on an even more powerful robot.

But you learn quickly, that not every episode has a twist at the end.

Comment

• The Outer Limits > The Twilight Zone

DISCUSS
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Both shows were awesome, period.
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Both are different things

Besides the obvious one being differences in running time.

Oh and the Showtime remake of The Outer Limits had titties. So I can see the bias.

But if you look at both original shows, think about how many memorable Twilight Zone moments there are versus how many memorable Outer Limits moments there are?

You know the answer.

Comment

• I find that the Outer Limits aged better. Granted I do dig on both, but the sci-fi nerd in me can't get enough of the original Outer Limits. It's great to see how many modern flicks just rip off those stories. Also, the less said about the Forest Whittaker Twilight Zone the better.

Comment

• Yeah, I'm not looking at remakes here.

The only cool one I can think of involves Robert Klien as a doctor who discovers that language is changing around him into such complete nonsense. That's from the mid 80s version.

Comment

• Hey, the mid-80s Twilight Zone had some really, REALLY good episodes in it....stuff that would have fit in perfectly with the classic stuff.

Comment

• Also in that vein of the mid 80s:

Steven Speilberg's Amazing Stories

Comment

• 'Amazing Stories' was weak. Great visuals aside (Christopher Lloyd sans head, for example), the stories simply weren't amazing in the slightest.

Comment

• I'll allow that because the only episode I can remember involved Kevin Costner as a bomber pilot who was able to land using cartoon tires.

Besides, I will and forever remain a Quantum Leap man.

Comment

• My favorite Amazing Stories was definietly the one with Lloyd and also the Family Dog episode.

Comment

• Strongly favored The Outer Limits, though I love Twilight Zone. In fact, Outer Limits was used as part of the curriculum of the Narrative Art class I took when I went to the Kubert School (we watched "Demon with a Glass Hand", paying attention to the lighting, pacing, acting, symbolism, etc. Hell of a great way to make a point).

ETA: Watched a little bit of Encino Man last night, buuuuuuuuu-dy! Amazed to see cameo from a very young Rose McGowan and forgot about the hotness that is Robin Tunney.
                                Last edited by Timothy225; 05-04-2011, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X