Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
    After seeing Synechdoche, seeing an immolated PSHoffman fly down the road like Super Dave was a reward in itself.
    Cerealy...

When he's superglued to the wheelchair, the camera pans down to his feet.

He has yellow, monkey-type, tree climbing toenails...

*shudders*

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
      Keitel is one of the most inconsistent actors that I've ever seen. He can be fantastic in one film and then absolutely horrid...stiff, wooden, and lifeless...in the next.
      I thought his lifelessness was a strength in La Femme Derpikita 2: Point of No Return.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
        YES. But I've warmed up to it.
        As have I, but I'm still a way off most people's love for the flick. I don't get calling it a "classic", even just of the recent spate of comedies.

Side-note: I love that we're probably the only two people who aggressively endorse Sex Drive, a truly underrated flick if ever there was one. I've noticed this over time and felt it needed voicing.

All the Hot Tub talk recently partly influenced my decision to watch it last night. Very disappointed. The script had moments (most of which were mentioned already, though I also loved Lou's rockin' antics at the end) but largely felt like a massive re-tread/mishmash of other, better films. Even Cusack was shaky with it at times, probably the first time I've ever seen him so uncertain. Corddry was irresistible, but I expected better from the talent involved overall. 2 out of a potential 5 Radiant Isla Fisher's.
        "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Make that three of us, Bobby. Marsden is the king of that movie.

I finally got around to watching THE SOCIAL NETWORK. I thought it was pretty good but only enhanced my desire to punch Eisenberg in the face. I don't know what it is about that guy but, man, he needs a good beating or something.

Also watched JACKASS 3-D in 2-D. Kinda wish I'd seen it in the theater because it seems like some of the gags would have been a-mazing in 3-D. Laughed so hard I cried during some of the bits. I can't believe at least one of these guys hasn't died or at least lost a limb yet.

Comment

• Something must be wrong with me, because I enjoy the shit out of watching SOCIAL NETWORK.
            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
              Something must be wrong with me, because I enjoy the shit out of watching SOCIAL NETWORK.
              The more I watch it, the better it gets. Fincher is operating on another level and everyone else is just trying to keep up.
              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• yeah, I need to watch that one again. I liked it but didn't love it when I saw it in the theater.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Really enjoyed The Social Network first time round and I get the impression it'd get better with each viewing.

Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                  Make that three of us, Bobby. Marsden is the king of that movie.
                  Excellent! Good to see that flick has a vocal audience round here.
                  "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• 'Tron Legacy'.

I didn't hate it, but it definitely needed another run through the screenwriting mill. It's frickin' BEAUTIFUL in blu ray.
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Just watched 'Tron' on blu-ray as well. It's STUNNING to watch on blu-ray...seriously, the colors are amazing.

Also, I figured out what's wrong with the film: it starts out completely wrong. The opening sequences don't effectively establish how the real world relates to the computer world...what's there is jumbled, clunky, and very rushed. It should have started out like this:

1. Open on Flynn's, see Bridges work the floor and establish who his character is.
                      2. Have him leave the floor to try and break into Encom using Clu. Expand upon and use this scene to firmly establish the rules of the film and how the computer world interelates with the real world.
                      3. Once Clu gets logged off, have Flynn go back on the floor and hang with the crowd.
                      4. Cut to a kid playing the light cycle game. HERE is where you introduce Sark. Have him win the game and go and have his chat with the MCP. Have Sark witness the interrogation and de-rezzing of Clu.

THAT would have gotten the film off on a better foot.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                        Marsden is the king of that movie.
                        He'll never stop getting work. But motherfucker Marsden shoulda been a star; in another life he'd have been Superman instead of Cyclops. Talk about an actor who can, and has, played any-and-everything. And pulled it off every time.
                        Originally posted by Ari
                        The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• 13 Assassins - finally settled in to watch this, and it doesn't disappoint. Miike is actually a bit restrained here; though there is his trademark bloodletting, it's not too over-the-top (save for one or two moments), and the story and pacing move along rather nicely (couple of slow points, and some confusion as to what was going on in the beginning scenes, but once the assassins are assembled, everything falls into place and flows nicely). There are a couple of points in the story where some of what you see might be a bit ridiculous, but it's better to just go with it and give your critical eye a breather, as the story and performances really carry this.

Gorgeously shot, too - the action scenes particularly. In the hands of someone else, it'd be easy to lose track of who's fighting who, but not here. Miike was smart enough to put the heroes in similar outfits that made them stand-out amongst the enemy armies. Also, special shout outs to Gorô Inagaki as the cold-blooded Lord Naritsugu, who really delivered just the right hint of villainy in this (you'll be rooting for this guy to get whacked very early on), and Kôji Yakusho as lead samurai Shinzaemon.

If you're a fan of samurai stuff, this is a must watch.

Comment

• I'm really excited about 13 Assassins, so its good to hear nearly universal good word on it.
                            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                              I'm really excited about 13 Assassins, so its good to hear nearly universal good word on it.
                              THAT.
                              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• You'll both enjoy it. Honest. Or I'll commit seppuku!

Comment

Working...
                                X