Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
    Pair that movie with SHATTERED GLASS and you got yourself a high & low of journalism double feature
    also Season 5 of 'The Wire'.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    Originally posted by Martin
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• All of The Wire should be required viewing in 6th, 9th, and 12th grade and to graduate you have to write an essay on why The Wire matters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
        also Season 5 of 'The Wire'.
        To an extent, although you never get the consquence of what Tom McCarthy's character was doing (even though it's inevitable what's going to happen at whatever paper he's working in). I'd say Season 5, albeit feeling kind of rushed and with a bit of an axe to grind is a great look at the decline of the newspaper industry.
        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
          To an extent, although you never get the consquence of what Tom McCarthy's character was doing (even though it's inevitable what's going to happen at whatever paper he's working in). I'd say Season 5, albeit feeling kind of rushed and with a bit of an axe to grind is a great look at the decline of the newspaper industry.
          That ax is perfectly understandable.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Oh yeah, I'm not saying it isn't justified it's just REALLY REALLY apparent.
            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Those Last Starfighter and Krull posters are lovely. Especially the former.
              "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Agreed Bobby. I kind of want to get that poster for my dad.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Last Starfighter one is fucking BOSS.
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Rise and Fall of WCW on instant.

Pretty depressing overall, really wish there was ANY quality wrestling on. I had forgot how super fucking hot Goldberg was, and only stuck around for what 4 years including his short WWF time? And man, Nash fucked SO many wrestlers over. Jericho shoots for real about how talent got fucked.

Comment

• Watched 'Legacy'...

Idris Elba definitely got his shit wired tight.

Comment

• Watched Lord of Illusions last night. I totally <3 Scott Bakula. Totally dug the film too, but it really shows it's age. Still, Famke was smokin' hot and the skin shredding scenes are still pretty cool.
                        Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                        John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Lord of Illusions is a guilty pleasure of mine. Not a great movie, but fun. And even today I'd ravage Famke Janssen like a cat on a mouse.

So, I watched:

Resident Evil Afterlife
                          This series keeps gettign worse and worse. The 1st one was actually potable, but it's downhill from here, and even the coyote lasted longer than this series. But Anderson has to give work to his wife I guess.

Salt
                          Well that was a surprise. I expected jack shit, so color me surprised to like a movie that has Angelina Jolie AND written but Kurt Wimmer*. Maybe it's because I knew nothing about the plot beside a betrayed CIA agent, but going from there to the expected manhunt to
                            Spoiler: spoila! 
                          the ludicrous WW3 scenario was actually entertaining.

Not high art, but a fun 2 hours I guess.

*I liked Equilibrium, but Ultraviolet would have landed him with a scimitar on his neck in more uncivilized part of the world.
                          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I dug Salt. Pretty good action scenes, and the end where they shotgunned the wall down or whatever they used I remember being ludicrous and fun.

Exposed Brittany to the genius of Shane Black and Last Boy Scout last night. Being as cultured as I am, of course I was howling with laughter, so I think she missed a lot of the genius, but she still enjoyed it. Some of the cast members in there are pretty great, looking back. Kim Coates is the thug that punches Willis when giving him smokes, and fucking BILLY BLANKS is the football player at the beginning that kills himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                              I dug Salt. Pretty good action scenes, and the end where they shotgunned the wall down or whatever they used I remember being ludicrous and fun.

Exposed Brittany to the genius of Shane Black and Last Boy Scout last night. Being as cultured as I am, of course I was howling with laughter, so I think she missed a lot of the genius, but she still enjoyed it. Some of the cast members in there are pretty great, looking back. Kim Coates is the thug that punches Willis when giving him smokes, and fucking BILLY BLANKS is the football player at the beginning that kills himself.
                              Senator Baynard played for the Indians.

THROWIN' THE SNOTBALL, MOTHERFUCKERS
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Yeah, when he's beating the hooker all I can think is "He's got vaseline on his chest!'

Comment

Working...
                                X