Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haven't seen it, need to get around to it. But if you're telling me that this movie out swears Malcolm Tucker. That is going to be a tall order.
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
      Um, no... that would be '44 Inch Chest'.
      John Hurt runs circles around Mal.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
        It was also fun to watch the exteriors and recognize places here in the Twin Cities. A lot of the house exteriors were shot over by where my brother used to live. He told me that he went out there and watched them film a few scenes, generally involving the snow plows.
        Did anyone ever fuck up a driveway like Rapaport?

That job has got to suck, but a perk like that must be ideal when someone fucks with you.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Say hello to the PLOW KING, Russ.

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
            Did anyone ever fuck up a driveway like Rapaport?

That job has got to suck, but a perk like that must be ideal when someone fucks with you.
            Let's just say...I always wave a friendly hello to our plow guys. I'm never the squeaky wheel on thing, nosirreebob. Still, I wish that they'd stop trying to see just how tall of a mountain they could make in MY front yard.

Also, these guys earned their frickin' pay this year. They were due, though...they've gotten off really light for the past 7-8 years.
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Fuckin' A. The Snow Mob would terrify me.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• "It'd be a real shame if someone forget to salt your driveway, Mistah Russ. Heh Heh."

Comment

• Ok, so I watched The Karate Kid (Will Smiff's seed version) and most of you were correct. My kids loved it and I thought it was decent. A couple of things though.

1.)Jaden Smith is not a good actor, not yet anyway. He just doesn't have any range and everything seemed super forced. It may just be his age and ignoring that I can't stand how he's obviously being pushed towards acting by mom and pops I think he still needs some work. Advantage Ralph Maccio and the OG Karate Kid movie.

2.)The score for the original movie buttfucks the new movie's score without lube. Advantage OG Karate Kid

3.)Jackie Chan turns in probably his best ACTING performance in a US film imho. He brought range I didn't think he had and he did very little of his yuck yuck pandering that his other US films have included. Matter of fact, I was about to check out on this flick mentally when he kind of drew me back in. He should try more roles that are a little more trying on his acting skills, he might surprise us more. Don't get me wrong, I still love Pat Morita but this movies' instructor is a different guy with a different history. I'll call this a push.

4.)The kid playing the "Johnny" role was actually pretty good as well. But COME ON MAN William Zabka shit's that kid out for breakfast. Johnny was just menacing.

5.)I was kind of surprised at the racial undertones present. Whether they were "round eye" or "black guy" intended I'm not sure but it still caught me off guard. I guess because it was marketed as a kid's flick. But that's not a knock on the movie at all. Just an observation.

All that said I'd give it a B-- while the original gets a B++.
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Did anyone ever scream "get em a body bag YEEEEEEEEA" ?

Comment

• Nope. Not even the Chinese equivalent. So score another one for the original.
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Popeye. I miss Shelley Duvall. Also, this flick doesn't get enough love (even if the last act is a little weak).
                        We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                        - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Watched three classic Clint Eastwood westerns this weekend: "A Fistful of Dollars", "For a Few Dollars More", and "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly." Smoked a cigar when I was through, didn't kill any Mexicans though.
                          Sticky white or pale yellow discharge can be constant during pregnancy, leaving you feeling in frequent need of new undies. Talk to your doctor if it develops a foul odor, itches or burns, or becomes greenish-yellow or very thick or watery; you may have an infection.

Comment

• Pretty good weekend of rewatching some favorite movies - saw Jaws, All The President's Men, Firefox ("Think Russian!"), Until the Light Takes Us (great documentary, but mostly focused on Varg Vikernes, church burnings, the death of Euronymous of Mayhem, etc. as opposed to the entirety of the black metal and death metal genres).

My best buddy loaned me his copy of Zombie Strippers - I made it 15 minutes into the flick before I had to stop. Just awful, and I'm amazed Robert Englund and Jenna Jameson stooped to appear in this... this... thing. In short, it was certainly no Pootie Tang.

Comment

• I like how it's beneath Jenna Jameson. That movie was ass though.
                              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                                Firefox ("Think Russian!")
                                God help me but I LOVE that movie. GREAT book, too.

We watched 'Conviction' last night. Hillary Swank and Sam Rockwell were both EXCELLENT in this, and the story itself (white trash Swank spends 18 years getting her GED, college degree, and law degree in order to free her brother from prison) is compelling, but the construction of the script is totally wrong. For the first two acts, the film jumps back and forth in time without any kind of transition...One minute, Swank is in law school attempting to present a brief to the class...the next minute, she's in a flashback to the trial where Rockwell goes to jail...the next minute, she's dropping off her kids at her ex-husband's house...the next minute, she's in a flashback where she's a child running around with her brother. It's disjointed and lacks any kind of narrative flow. The film more-or-less settles into being a straight narrative for the third act, but by then it's almost too late to really care all that much.

Again, it's saved by the acting. As I said, Swank and Rockwell are both excellent in this. Indeed, this is one of the best 'acting' performances that I've ever seen from Rockwell, and it's a shame that the film itself kinda underuses him. Minnie Driver is also in it as Swank's best friend (and fellow law student), and she delivers the goods in a few key scenes. The only actor who kinda sticks out is Juliette Lewis, who really overdoes it in her two scenes as a white trash 'witness' to the crime. She's a distraction more than anything.

It's not BAAAAAD, but it's definitely a lesser movie. I blame the script and the direction by Tony Goldwyn.
                                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                                Originally posted by gravedigger
                                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                                X