Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah yes, the movie where acid eats flesh but cannot eat through paper. The logic is solid, people!

And don't forget Two-Face using THE CLUB™
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• HOLY RUSTED METAL!
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• *puts on flak jacket*

I prefer Tommy Lee Jones's Two-Face.

Why? Because as over the top as he is, it works. Eckhart was too subdued and we really didn't get that much of look at his dual personalities. I remember when rumors were coming out about how he did double takes for every line with different facial expressions/mannerisms that were to be edited to look like he was having dual conversations. That would have been awesome. But instead we didn't get that.

His makeup > Tommy Lee Jones but I still really enjoy the campy take.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• A W F U L
          Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
          Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
          POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Jones' Two-Face over Eckart's?!

Comment

• IT was more entertaining IMO. I didn't say BETTER.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• But Two-Face in TDK wasn't even really used all that well. It felt shoe-horned in.

Comment

• As far as I'm concerned, Aaron Eckhart gave the best performance in TDK. Ledger was great, don't get me wrong, but Eckhart was the heart and soul of the film and made it work. He should have gotten an Oscar nomination, in my opinion.

TLJ's portrayal of Two-Face? It's like listening to nails on a chalkboard. Loud and screechy and flat-out unwatchable. At least, it is for me.
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• *tones down obligatory nerd rage*

I can see what you're saying, there was so much shit going in TDK that Two-Face got kind of left behind. Admittedly, a character like Two-Face, if we are going for the "reality" angle isn't going to last very long with a face wound like that. So, they did what they could and I thought it was fine.

I mean if you want the definitive Two-Face, then you've got Richard Moll's version in the animated series.

But there's nothing enjyoable about Forever looking back on it. And I even remember seeing that movie in the theater back in '95.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                      *puts on flak jacket*

I prefer Tommy Lee Jones's Two-Face.

Why? Because as over the top as he is, it works. Eckhart was too subdued and we really didn't get that much of look at his dual personalities....

His makeup > Tommy Lee Jones but I still really enjoy the campy take.
                      I completely see where you're coming from, mate. People tend to fixate on the "he's just aping Nicholson's Joker!" complaint instead of remembering the enjoyable mood-swings that made the performance fun.

Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                      I can see what you're saying, there was so much shit going in TDK that Two-Face got kind of left behind. Admittedly, a character like Two-Face, if we are going for the "reality" angle isn't going to last very long with a face wound like that. So, they did what they could and I thought it was fine....

But there's nothing enjyoable about Forever looking back on it. And I even remember seeing that movie in the theater back in '95.
                      Ed, lest we forget:

• The hotness of Nicole Kidman.
                      • The suaveness of a lean Kilmer.
                      • Robin taking the Batmobile for a spin ("that's Bat-Boy!")
                      • The Offspring's cover of "Smash it Up" by The Damned.
                      • The aforementioned stratospheric portrayal of Two-Face.
                      "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Frankly Bobby, I have. And if you know what's good for ya, you'll do the same.

Now quit staring into that shinny green blender.

Comment

• Are you referencing reports that it can turn one's brain into fried egg?
                          "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Yes, I am.

Comment

• Shrug. They said the same thing about TV and we all know how that know how that know how that know how that know how that turned cloudy in the afternoon with a chance of showers to follow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
                                Shrug. They said the same thing about TV and we all know how that know how that know how that know how that know how that turned cloudy in the afternoon with a chance of showers to follow.
                                post of the day. Cheers, Bobby!

Comment

Working...
                                X