Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh hush.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
      Just got an email from the wife...she wants me to buy this one.

HIGHLY recommended to everyone. My only complaint? I had to rewind in a few spots and turn on the subtitles...his Irish brogue is a bit too thick in some spots, especially in the beginning.
      Haha! That's class. If you thought that was tough, believe me it's just the tip of that iceberg. The further north you go, the faster and more guttural it can get. I'd suggest working your way up to something like Man About Dog, lest you need subtitles for the whole movie.

The Commitments is a very different beast, but great all the same. Crackin' music in it, too.

"It's 'ride, Sally, ride' not 'royd, Sally, royd!'"
      "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Due to extreme laziness I occasionally think that Jimmy the Rabbit is played by Joe Strummer.
        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• I've got the 'Hello' song from 'Crazy People' going through my brain.
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Music store scene gets me misty eyed.

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
              I now want Irish Retard to have an animated series.
              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Cocaine Cowboys II: Hustlin' with the Godmother - documentary about one Charles Cosby, a drug-dealer from CA, and how he gets mixed up with Griselda Blanco, the Cocaine Godmother, and how he winds up running her $40 million organization. Really fascinating doc about drug dealing and the cocaine trade, spiced up with some animation of certain events here and there.

Now I want to see the first film ASAP.

Comment

• First movie is fucking great. Hell, I had heard CC 2 was complete garbage compared to the first one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                    Music store scene gets me misty eyed.
                    If you don't love that scene, you may as well turn off the film. Its so great. The soundtrack gets very heavy rotation on the 'Pod casa del Ben.
                    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Is it the music store song that got the Academy Award?

Comment

• Yep, Falling Slowly.
                        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Awesome. That was easily the best song of the bunch, and that's saying quite a bit.

Also, you HAVE to love the bus scene. That 'hoover sucker fixer guy' song had me laughing pretty hard, especially when he went into faux-metal mode and drew the ire of the old lady passenger.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                            Awesome. That was easily the best song of the bunch, and that's saying quite a bit.
                            If there's a guitar handy, I find it very hard to resist playing along to that every time I see the music shop scene.
                            "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Also...and you may think me odd for saying this...but the scene near the end where he plays the song for his Dad is pretty much perfect. It's just a great moment, perfectly written, acted, and directed.

You also have to love the moment where Eamon, the music engineer, realizes that these oddballs are actually producing GOOD music.

Comment

• Absolutely agreed, Matt. It's always awesome to hear people loving this movie. It can't get enough praise, in my incredibly biased estimation.

Comment

Working...
                                X