Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
    Flyboy was the brother of the former dean at my college. He was gone as Dean by the time I got there, but still had an office.

So, I'm 18 and see a picture in his office and I'm like You a Big Dawn of the Dead fan? And he's like Yeah, my little brother used to do cheap movies in the 70s and he never spoke of it again.

Yet, he had a picture from the movie framed and signed by his brother. So, I always stared at wondering...did his brother just hand these out? Flyboy hadn't acted in a movie since 92.
    He also served in Vietnam. So respect.
    Originally posted by Ari
    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
      He also served in Vietnam. So respect.

Flyboy is still alive. I was in Evansville for a minute at the same time he was, but never bothered to scope at the Con he was working.

I think he was the youngest and most of his siblings are dead now. Kinda sad.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• And he was working at the same restaurant as Scott Reiniger when both got cast.
        Originally posted by Ari
        The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
          And he was working at the same restaurant as Scott Reiniger when both got cast.

Scott Reiniger and Tom Savini's daughters are going around doing shit at horror cons or something now.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Fright Night
            Silent Hill
            Friday the 13th IV
            The Lost Boys
            The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
            Poltergeist
            Cabin in the Woods
            An American Werewolf in London
            Night of the Living Dead
            The Crazies (remake)
            Dawn of the Dead (remake)
            The Thing
            The Monster Squad
            From Dusk Till Dawn
            Scream
            Halloween
            The Fog
            My Bloody Valentine 3D
            Halloween 3
            The Final Girls
            The Conjuring
            Insidious
            Nightmare on Elm Street 3
            The Mist
            The Blob
            The Devil's Rejects
            Dawn of the Dead (78)
            Shaun of the Dead
            What We Do In the Shadows
            Near Dark
            Pumpkinhead. Winston's design is still so goddamn great. That shot of him coming into the burned out church still fucking rocks. Lance is the goddamn man. Still love this movie.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• PRINCE OF DARKNESS (1987)

I saw this theatrically and once or twice afterwards. I hadn't seen it in at least 25 years and it was fun to watch again.

it's good but feels vastly underwritten/underdeveloped. The concept is solid and there's so much potential as to what could have been presented, and it feels like the film is only scratching the surface and going for a very basic approach. There's enough 'good stuff' in there to enjoy, though.

Just started IN THE MOUTH OF MADNESS.
              Originally posted by Martin
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Mouth is my second favorite Carpenter flick. Fucking LOVE that movie so much.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• really digging it so far. I'm only 20 minutes into it and it's great, much better than I remember it being.
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• That whole scene at the diner with his agent out of focus in the background is fucking amazing.

Comment

• That was great. 'Do you read Sutter Cane?'

I stopped when Sam was reading the latest book and was having dreams. I'll pick it up again tonight, although I may restart it so that my wife can view it. I told her the premise and she sounded interested in it.

Comment

• Fright Night
                        Silent Hill
                        Friday the 13th IV
                        The Lost Boys
                        Poltergeist
                        Cabin in the Woods
                        Night of the Living Dead
                        The Crazies (remake)
                        The Thing
                        The Monster Squad
                        From Dusk Till Dawn
                        Scream
                        Halloween
                        The Fog
                        My Bloody Valentine 3D
                        Halloween 3
                        The Final Girls
                        The Conjuring
                        Insidious
                        The Mist
                        The Blob
                        The Devil's Rejects
                        Dawn of the Dead (78)
                        Shaun of the Dead
                        Near Dark
                        Pumpkinhead
                        Sleepy Hollow. My favorite story as a kid was Ichabod Crane and the Headless Horseman and I remember being pumped for this flick. Saw it in the theater and hated it. Haven't seen it since. Ended up really digging it this go around except I still hate Ricci in her part. Everyone else works for the most part, it's moody as fuck, and way more gory than I remember. Also, Sgt. Rico's hair in this is fucking ridiculous.

Comment

• 2/3 of the way through IN THE MOUTH OF MADNESS. fucking great.

Comment

• This one's for Rerb. Use your Lego money and buy this instead!

Rewatched some of the 2013 version of Carrie last night. Liked this more than the Ghostbusters reboot, but even though Chloe Moretz and Julianne Moore did their usual stellar jobs at acting through this, it can't compare to the original. Not a knock against the ladies - been a fan of Moore's for years and Moretz is one of the best actresses to come along in many years (loved her in the Let the Right One In remake), but whoever wrote and directed this took the air out of some of the scenes, making it weaker than the original 1976 version. Especially during the third act at the prom.

Moretz does her best with this scene, but where she looks like she's almost reveling in her power, it loses the gravitas that Sissy Spacek brought the first go 'round. Spacek's Carrie, when she snaps (and especially when she locks the gym doors and the lights go red) becomes akin to a vengeful god. No emotion, no hesitation, no survivors in that gym, including Betty Buckley's Coach, who shouldn't have snickered like she did. Spacek moved through the crowd like she was checking off a list. The split screen showing Carrie and the deaths she brought was genius, visually.

In Moretz' case, Her Carrie snapped pretty good and brought some pain, but it lacked the "you done fucked up now" factor Spacek and director De Palma brought to the film that, with Piper Laurie's truly psycho Margaret White, made the original an instant horror classic. Why Kimberley Pierce and the scriptwriters held Carrie back a bit in their take (the coach lived? No snickering, no betrayal? And the fuck was with Sue showing up at Carrie's house after Carrie kills her mom? "Oh, hai, Carrie!"). Just sucked the wind out of what could've been a better remake is all.
                            Last edited by Timothy225; 10-31-2020, 04:22 AM.

Comment

• Finished IN THE MOUTH OF MADNESS last night. Effing loved it. I regret waiting so long to revisit the film...that was a lot of fun.

Comment

• Fright Night
                                Silent Hill
                                Friday the 13th IV
                                The Lost Boys
                                Poltergeist
                                Cabin in the Woods
                                Night of the Living Dead
                                The Crazies (remake)
                                The Thing
                                The Monster Squad
                                From Dusk Till Dawn
                                Scream
                                Halloween
                                The Fog
                                My Bloody Valentine 3D
                                Halloween 3
                                The Final Girls
                                The Conjuring
                                Insidious
                                The Mist
                                The Blob
                                The Devil's Rejects
                                Dawn of the Dead (78)
                                Shaun of the Dead
                                Near Dark
                                Pumpkinhead
                                Sleepy Hollow
                                A Nightmare on Elm Street - The first and objectively best (even though i LOVE part 3) still holds up on its own, Freddy looks his creepiest, and Jonathan Depp does what he can in a half shirt.

Tales from the Crypt: Demon Knight - STILL THE BEST THING THAT BILLY ZANE HAS EVER DONE THAT ISN'T CALLED THE PHANTOM. Killer soundtrack, Sadler rules, effects are great, and I'm still annoyed we got that shitty Dennis Miller vs shitty whore vampires as the sequel and not what they set up at the end of this one.

Halloween 2018 - I still have my issues with this one, but because we were drunk as shit last night, this one was more fun than I remembered. I still can't take Grandma Strode seriously much like Grandma Connor from Dark Fate.

So there we go, we watched a movie every day in October and ALL of them tie into each other except the first two. If needed I can explain how they fit, but it's more fun if you try to figure it out. It's not hard except maybe a few choices, but we are still totally going to do this again next year if we are able to.

Comment

Working...
                                X