Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good to know. Thanks. Also, watched The Road last night. Liked it, didn't LOVE it but I was genuinely creeped out at the future pictured in said film. What was up with the missing thumbs thing? Were they cannibals who got caught or thieves or what?
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I was told by multiple people to STOP reading the DUNE novels after the first one. From what I heard, I'm glad that I followed that advice.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      Originally posted by Martin
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• All-Star Superman.

Based on what I consider the best post-Crisis Superman story, this was a truncated play-by-play of it.

Some of the big moments from the comic are lost due to the breezy runtime (around 75 minutes), so no Bizarroworld or Pa Kent scenes here (much to my disappointment).

Aside from small nerd gripes, the attention to the Quitely-style depictions of the characters are still there and so are the Silver Age undertones.

There is a somewhat stilted performance by the Superman voice actor, but everyone else in the cast was quite good. A special shout-out to Seth Effrikan Arnold "I come back here, I cut me a steak" Vosloo as the uppity Kryptonian Bar-El.

The final farewell at the end with Lois and the reworked Luthor epilogue are done incredibly well and in all it was a fine entry into DC's growing number of animated movies.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
          I was told by multiple people to STOP reading the DUNE novels after the first one. From what I heard, I'm glad that I followed that advice.
          2, 3 and 4 are good,, the 4th being the best, but after the 4th, run like you never ran before!
          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• THE SLAMMIN' SALMON- The most straightforward (generic?) of the Broken Lizard movies but I still liked it. It's not great by any means but I thought Duncan was really funny. Chandrasekhar is still the champion.

KILLERS- Surprisingly not terrible until the ending makes no sense. Some of the kills are pretty good and the hand-to-hand fighting was decent.

Comment

• Good to know I'll avoid Killers.

MEGAMIND:

Not bad, but doesn't hold up to Despicable Me.
              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I watched the Shazam/Superman and the other three shorts on instant view. I was really surprised by the violence in the Green Arrow/Jonah Hex/Spectre shorts. Plus, the Jonah Hex short was written by Joe R. Lansdale and features a drunk Michael Rooker.
                "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Any comments on quality or is vagueness your new thing?
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• It was fine, not great but not terrible.

Comment

• So, Meh or Eh?

Comment

• I'd give it a shot if you come across it. But I would not recommend it for young kids.

Comment

• Gotcha. Appreciate that too as my kids love superheroes.

Comment

• The first movie with Superman and Captain Marvel is fine. But the rest, I would not recommend, until say the kids are around the age of 12 IMO.

Same goes for Batman: Under the Red Hood. I would not recommend that either right now.

Comment

• Agreed, watched under the red hood already and fo sho not for my kids.

Comment

• Saw that Sherzerm one too.

I think All Star would be a better bet, in terms of quality and age appropriateness (though Perry White says "sumbitch" at one point).
                                Last edited by Captain Russ; 02-13-2011, 10:51 PM.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X