Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color Out Of Space was a bunch of fun. Those scenes with his wife and his kid near the end were proper fucked thanks to some great sound design.

Mandy is still much more fun.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• If the deal with HBO Max is they got an agreement with WB, why are all the Batman movies vanishing in July? Was planning on rewatching the Keaton Bats while recovering from surgery next month.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
        If the deal with HBO Max is they got an agreement with WB, why are all the Batman movies vanishing in July? Was planning on rewatching the Keaton Bats while recovering from surgery next month.

There's no agreement, they're all owned by Warner.

What happened was that when HBO Max went live with 95% of what DC Universe had. DC Universe subs dropped so dramatically that it put that service deep in the hole.

Like if it didn't have WB backing, DC Universe would have folded.

So, they're going to float titles between both services for the next year. But, DC Universe isn't expected to survive 2021.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I AM digging HBO Max though. Minor changes but the additions are cool
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Still waiting on that HBO Max/Roku deal.
            Originally posted by Ari
            The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• EUROVISION THE STORY OF FIRE SAGA- This movie is so much more fun than I expected. Lots of good jokes, Rachel McAdams with an Icelandic accent, and songs that...are good?

MANHATTAN NIGHT- I watched this because Yvonne Strahovski gets naked. It's an okay thriller that can't decide if it wants to be noir or '90's erotic thriller.

Comment

• London Rising was much more fun and snappier than the first one. Dug it.

Signs. Still totally fucking holds up and one of my favorite M Night flicks. The sound track, the reveals, Mel, everything just works.

War of the Worlds. Everything is awesome except for the ending. His fucking kid should have fucking died OR he should have.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                  War of the Worlds. Everything is awesome except for the ending. His fucking kid should have fucking died OR he should have.
                  Man, Goku sucked in that movie.

He should've turned into red spaghetti.

On topic, Criterion Channel has a plethora of Jackie Chan pinatas for sale.

Watched the first Police Story for the first time since I was in middle school.

The extrapolation of the silent era stuntman keeps these films vital and fresh even now.

Jackie's perfectionism and the devil may care execution of the stunts on display is still extremely exciting entertainment even if the plot is absolutely paper thin.

There isn't magic without risk and that little Chinese boy was a fucking wizard, Harry.
                  Last edited by Captain Russ; 07-02-2020, 01:57 PM.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                    London Rising was much more fun and snappier than the first one. Dug it.

Signs. Still totally fucking holds up and one of my favorite M Night flicks. The sound track, the reveals, Mel, everything just works.

Yeah, pretty much all of that.
                    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• We watched THE RHYTHM SECTION last night. Don’t.
                      Originally posted by Martin
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                        We watched THE RHYTHM SECTION last night. Don’t.

It is legitimately one of the worst movies I've seen in the last 10 years.
                        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• The Lodge

Well that was bad. Someone thought they were writing the next Hereditary. Spoiler, they weren't.

The Vast of the Night

It's on Amazon Prime. Pretty good. It's a Twilight Zone episode spread across a movie. You won't hate it. I would be interested in seeing more from the writer/director with a bigger budget. Thought it was really funny that Sarah said they had a bunch of actors from New York playing residents of New Mexico while having Texas and Oklahoma accents...and we looked it up and it was all filmed in Texas and Oklahoma.

Comment

• Hereditary is lame. Lodge was better. Vast is fun

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                              It is legitimately one of the worst movies I've seen in the last 10 years.
                              Oh, totally. When it ended, the wife and I were pretty much aghast at what we'd just seen. It's easily the worst mainstream movie that I've seen in years. It's completely inept on all levels. I'd go so far as to say it's incompetently made, especially in terms of direction.

Jude Law is pretty good in it, though. Whenever he was there, the film kinda perked up into something kinda interesting.

As antidote, we watched POINT OF NO RETURN from 1993 (to keep with the female spy thing). It's solid if unremarkable...the original film, LA FEMME NIKITA, is much better. This was CITIZEN KANE after watching THE RHYTHM SECTION, though
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                                As antidote, we watched POINT OF NO RETURN from 1993 (to keep with the female spy thing). It's solid if unremarkable...the original film, LA FEMME NIKITA, is much better.
                                No argument here, but I will award a couple of personal points to Point Of No Return for Bridget Fonda. Because Bridget Fonda (wistful sigh).

How's this for an 80s trifecta? Enter The Ninja, Revenge Of The Ninja and Ninja III The Domination. It was a Sho Kosugi/Golan-Globus love fest and mah house last night. I watched these films religiously when I was a snot-nosed young punk, and I almost forgot what a campy cheesefest all three films were.

Enter The Ninja was all about Franco Nero and his mighty mustache, looking and playing like a late 70's cop show moreso than a film.

My favorite of the three, Revenge Of The Ninja, had better fight scenes, but whoever dubbed this was asleep at the switch. Seriously, there are scenes were mouths are closed, but dialogue is still heard, which I never caught in all the multiple times I saw this way back when. The hot tub death trap Ashley Ferrare winds up in comes straight out of a '60s Batman episode - her wet t-shirt, however, made me give this silliness a happy pass.

Ninja III had some more gooder fight scenes, plus Lucinda Dickey, and is a schlockfest of ninjutsu, possession and exorcisms, a hairy back sex scene, golf, and aerobics. Watch this and you too will believe a ninja death machine can take 30+ shots of gunfire, including shotgun blasts at close range, and still escape in an ambulance!

Later today - The Video Dead (1987) and My Bloody Valentine (1981)!

Comment

Working...
                                X